Sign in to follow this  

RM250 total rebuild!!!!!!!!!

Bought this bike back in August for $850. Its a 2003 RM250. Needed a complete motor rebuild. And it was pretty beat up cosmeticly. Heres what it looked like when I brought it home... it was pretty much used as a shelf...

Picture056.jpg

And after a new crank, cylinder work, head work, replacing every bearing and seal in the motor, new top end, prowheel rims and spokes, sand blasting the hubs, frame, pipe and silencer, painting the frame, pipe and silencer, new carb hose, wheel bearings, protaper sprockets and DID chain, ufo plastics, sdg complete seat, protaper bars and grips, new front tire, new packing, turner clutch perch and lever, a lot of polishing and hard work, and more... I got this:

Picture117.jpg

Picture118.jpg

Picture119.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Picture116.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Picture114.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Picture128.jpg

looks very good mate, id say money well spent!

How much did the rebuild cost?

Whats up with the floating gasket thing at the front sprocket?

I have seen something like RTV or something on some of the pro's bikes. I really dont know 100% what its for but my guess is it just keeps water and dirt off the snap ring to prevent it from rusting and becoming weak. I actually had to replace the old one with a new one because it was really rusted.

Yeah Kiwi the 250F just doesnt hook up very well without that rear tire.. ill be sure to fix that. haha. And im not sure yet... I orignally bought it to fix the motor then sell it to make a little money off it... but I like the idea of having two bikes lol.

Katoom- thanks man I cant believe I did that!!! Im gonna fix that right now..

Yeah Kiwi the 250F just doesnt hook up very well without that rear tire.. ill be sure to fix that. haha. And im not sure yet... I orignally bought it to fix the motor then sell it to make a little money off it... but I like the idea of having two bikes lol.

Katoom- thanks man I cant believe I did that!!! Im gonna fix that right now..

having 2 race bikes would be pretty sick. i say keep it....i've always wanted a 250 smoker.

Nice bike. Master link is on backwards...

looks great man, good job. As katoom said the clip for your master link is on backwards. Make sure to change that up.

nice, I agree with the guys. Keep em both, trail one, track the other. Loggin big hours on a 4 stroke cost a lot more then on a 2 stroke.

thanks for the compliments guys... I plan on keeping them both.... for a little while I guess.... I do love the two strokes and this bike has sort of "grown" on me over the months of rebuilding it so I dont think im going to let it go just yet... besides... its practically brand new haha

Wow, what a great turn out! You couldn't have spent your money any better! Looks Immaculate :)