Sign in to follow this  

Brake cleaner in the eye!!!

DURRRRR! Today I was cleaning my carb on my 82 XT 125 and I shot the cleaner in one of the jets and it shot back out into my eye. :banghead: :banghead: At first it didn't hurt but one minute or so I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I flushed my eye for 15 minutes or so and eventually it got better.

I'm fine now. :)

Always be careful when using poisonous, irritable chemicals!!!

What are some of your stories?

I have had degreaser, gas, and carb cleaner in my eye. It sucks but not as bad as pink eye which I have now.:)

gasoline sucks big time. i was at an offroad race onetime and i took about 2 gallons of leaded 110 to the face. i was throwing up and gagging for like 5 min.

that was really lame!!!

personally i havent had anything that hurts worse than sand, and yes i have gotten metal shavings in my eyes once.

i know i know i need to wear eye protection more often.

sorry buddy but i had to laugh a little but hey weve all got something in our eye that didnt feel to good maybe something like cow crap yeah i fell face first in a pile of cow crap once, laugh it off

i got something in my GF's eyes a couple times..................

I was just going to say something similar :)

i had a tube of super glue burst while i was trying to open it, it got in my eye. it took 3 hours before my eye rejected it, it was rather uncomfortable.

Have we all learned a lesson? Safety glasses are mandatory when working on anything. Thats why they call theses incidents "accidents" and the only way to protect yourself is to wear the proper safety equipment. You don't ride without your gear do you?

i had a tube of super glue burst while i was trying to open it, it got in my eye. it took 3 hours before my eye rejected it, it was rather uncomfortable.

I had a gash under my eyebrow glued shut at urgent care one time, and she squirted way too much on and it ran into the corner of my eye :)

I must agree with your last statement.

Have we all learned a lesson? Safety glasses are mandatory when working on anything. Thats why they call theses incidents "accidents" and the only way to protect yourself is to wear the proper safety equipment. You don't ride without your gear do you?

thanks safety bob...

:)