Sign in to follow this  

drz 400 hesitation with the fcr 39

well i just put on my fcr slant style carb. and it seems like i have a bit of hesitation when i get on the throttle, from holding a steady throttle then to opening it up a bit. i test the pump squirt with the taffy mod and the duration was about 1 second. so i dont think its that. seems like at very low throttle when you go to romp on it i get a little hesitation and then it just takes off. im thinking its the needle setting. maybe its too rich. i have a 160 main 45 pilot, 65 starter jet and the emn needle on the 3rd clip. im thinking of trying it on the 2nd clip. i also have the mrd ssw exhaust and 3x3

about 1 second. seems like as i roll into the throttle the transition from the pilot to the needle is the part it doesnt like. and hicups a little. then just gone.

seems like it gets better once it warms up but its still there. keep in my its only been about +5 celcius here. so im thinking that would play into it a little. but i just dont understand why it hesitates when you start to give it throttle. no matter how slow you roll into it. do you have any possible scenarios? im going to pull it off this week as i seem to have a little issue with some fuel coming out the bowl overflow. so im going to set the float. anything else i should check while im in there? or is that the problem itself?

the leaking fuel is a sign.

more than likely the issue is the o-ring around the needle seat is shrunk and leaking.

yeah thats what i was thinking too.. but couldnt see how it caused this problem. ill check it out this week when it gets a bit warmer. thanks eddie!