Sign in to follow this  

Rode with Flexx bars today

Let me start out that I dont work for them nor have anything to do with there company..

Im not gonna give a crazy report but im gonna say that for us older dudes or guys that have hand, wrist, carpal tunnel ect type issues do not hesitate on buying these bars.. Ive read about them for years and always said no way am I spending $300 bucks on bars..Well today I rode with them and I just could not believe how they felt..There like an added travel in your suspension.. I was looking for big braking bumps and the things really do help.. I broke my shoulder and right hand about 5 months ago and my right hand is still not 100% and I also have carpal tunnel from the Marines,machine guns then electrician before doing photos for a living..I cant do 2-3 laps without pulling off because my hand hurts so bad and it just goes numb and I cant hold on..Racing has been out of the question for the past 6 months..We have our national at Hangtown end of April and im doing everything I can to get into riding shape..Anyhoot the bars, yes they work and I honestly can say I will not ride without them I was able to do 5-7 laps at one point today and I was thinking to myself "does my hand hurt yet" so I just pulled off, usually I cant make a fist after 2 laps I made a fist with no pain the things works they do exactly what they say they do..Some may have mixed feeling on them but for me there the best mod after suspension imo..

I got the 12 degree Moto bars there the windham type bend and I left the yellow cusion things in there.. Freakin sweet!

Oh ya the boyesen super cooler kit with engine ice decreased the temp 70* degrees it works..

they work good!.......they are heavy and have limited bends are my only complaints........I get em cheap so price not an issue....300.00 is kinda steep though

I put Flexx bars on about a year ago, I love those things.I was getting some numbness in my hand at the 10 min mark,but could ride a lot longer with Flexx bars.At $300 they are pricey but if you ever bend them you can get a new pair for 50% ,so they may not end up being that bad.I started with the hardest elastomer and am now on the yellow. You dont notice the bars untill you ride a bike without them.

Intresting..

The only thing I can say about those is that they can leak air where as the flexx bars are a simple elastomer bushing.. They give you like 3 sets of them.. soft,medium and hard for the flex you want and you can raise the ends so they have a more upward sweep like a RC bend bar..I am a firm believer in sub tanks I run air cells on my bike..Ive had enzos and another brand..All three at some point have leaked air or oil out of one of the fittings..But I dunno the moose ones are pretty trippy im sure people that have them like them but I also think that once you ride with those or flexx bars its hard to ride with them so its another aftermarket MUST part lol like suspension, oversize rotor,sub tanks ect.. Over the past 25 years ive always come with something new to try and if I like it well I have to have it on all bikes then..Just like throwing cash down the toilet but owell ya only live once right :)

I'm running the handlebar sub tank system on my '09 KX450. I ran the same system on my '03 YZ450 for 3 years. The system is actually made by TGT technologies and sold by Moose. I transfered the system to my KX. I haven't tried the Flex Bars so I can't compare to them. I run the TGT handlebars on RG3 clamps, I think it definately helps me ride longer. I know the TGT bars help on my old YZ, I've only got one race weekend on the KX so it's early yet. I think they are a great product.