Sign in to follow this  

CORVA Family Fun Days in Cal City

Of all the recent posts I see, none discuss the CORVA Family Fun Days in California City this weekend.......WHY?

I know the (at least) hundreds of you that frequent CC know at least what CORVA has done for the area if not the sport. I personally don't have the time to chase after these idiots we call members of Obamanomics to look after my own recreational good will so I'm glad to help to pay someone else to do it and there is none better than CORVA.

Work was a must for me today so I will be headed out to support them at the Poker Run tomorrow. While I'm there my Membership will be renewed.......the least I can do.

Maybe most of you are already there and that's why you're not writing. If that's the case I'll see you there. If not........you can explain here.

• Like 1

+1 on CORVA.

I read the comments CORVA submitted on the Tahoe NF TMR DEIS and I am reading the CORVA comments on the PNF right now. Pretty impressive work.

I think they are worthy of support.

Hondalover, they are us. You should post this stuff up instead of waiting for someone else. There is no special post committee. If someone knows of a worthy cause, by all means, post it, let us know. We're all so busy these days and it takes time to post in all te different forums. We need to take some responsibility for these things.

Now my question is, why didn't you post it sooner to alert people of a great weekend and cause?

I do need to join the group. I didnt know anything about it, as you said it wasnt mentioned here. I know Ed from wayy back in the 70s.

Hondalover, they are us. You should post this stuff up instead of waiting for someone else. There is no special post committee. If someone knows of a worthy cause, by all means, post it, let us know. We're all so busy these days and it takes time to post in all te different forums. We need to take some responsibility for these things.

Now my question is, why didn't you post it sooner to alert people of a great weekend and cause?

I wasn't "waiting" for anything. As I said, I personally don't have the time. Look at my post count. Now I wish I would have........

www.corva.org They're one of our most visible voices in Sacramento and other places.

I'll talk to the Prex of CORVA, he used to be prez of Dualsport and we talk often. I think this should have hit the boards also. I didnt get the e-mail till last tuesday, and I'm a member.

I hate to say it, But every event such as this I have posted here, scrolls off the

main page in a matter of hours and sparks very little interest.

Wayne

I hate to say it, But every event such as this I have posted here, scrolls off the

main page in a matter of hours and sparks very little interest.

Wayne

That's why we bump things. :banghead: :banghead:

I wish I could make it, just way to much going on right now. :)

I would like to learn a lot more about COVRA, so I will check out the site. Next time it would be great if we could get a group to go out for the day or weekend.

OM

PS: Wayne are you going to come out for the Taylor LaKamp ride on the 28th?

PS: Wayne are you going to come out for the Taylor LaKamp ride on the 28th?

Im going to try to make that, I therw my back out a couple of days

ago, we will see if I can get on the bike by next weekend

Edit, Two weeks from now, I should be able to ride

Wayne

Wayne

Ouch! I did my back before the Save JV Rally, medicated up, and went anyway:bonk:, it was a miserable day. Miserable, but better then staying at home.:)

Wayne

:)

we went to the event .we had a blast they had four or five differrent races you could enter . they had all kinds of raffles and tons of prizes.they had a dog show.there was hardly any time to go on a long ride there was so much stuff going .they also had alot of venders selling cool stuff . on sunday they had a poker run 18 miles through the desert it was beautiful out there at this time of year .they also had a great tritip dinner and campfire .you reaaaaaaaly missed it .there going to have another one in september.

we went to the event .we had a blast they had four or five differrent races you could enter . they had all kinds of raffles and tons of prizes.they had a dog show.there was hardly any time to go on a long ride there was so much stuff going .they also had alot of venders selling cool stuff . on sunday they had a poker run 18 miles through the desert it was beautiful out there at this time of year .they also had a great tritip dinner and campfire .you reaaaaaaaly missed it .there going to have another one in september.

Without pictures I call BS. :) I hope to make it out to one. It sounds like fun.

Call it anything you want Old Man........I never take pictures.

I was there Sunday and the turnout was pretty good. In talking with CORVA President Jim Woods and So. Cal Regional director Jim Arbogast, a pile of new members signed up along with some new associate members as well as renewals from members like me. They didn't have exact numbers as of 1PM yesterday but things were positive.

4 laps on the Poker Run course with a little warm up ride got me 80 miles in just over 2 hours including stops for all 5 checks totalling 23 minutes.

Congratulations and thank you to everyone that was there and supported our right to recreate. I'm sure you had a great time.

For the rest of you, go to www.CORVA.org now and join. Just a few minutes on the site should show you why they are the one to support. If you want to talk to them, CORVA will be at the Pomona Off Road Show this weekend. Stop and say hi and let them know you appreciate their tireless efforts on all our behalf........even those who "ride for free".

Speaking of free, CORVA will also be at the Exteme Motorsports Expo in May. I will be there Saturday, May 16 and buy any bona-fide CORVA member a beer or beverage of choice. More about that later.

Though the weather is a little warmer, your next opportunity may be the CORVA Southern Jamboree again in Cal City late September. There are more and more of "them" trying to shut us down, and less and less of "us" trying to stand up and be counted every day.

I'll see you there.

To prove the point here's link to actual photos of actual event to prove Owen's not lying (this time!). http://picasaweb.google.com/naviondave/CORVAFamilyFunDay2009?feat=email#

PS Thanks Owen for going above and beyond and taking my daughter on the poker run after My wife took a spill and had to go back to camp. You're the man!