Sign in to follow this  

85L vs. 125

im about 5 foot 4 and 170 pounds,im 13 and i have an 03 rm125 and i dont know if i should keep it or get an 85L,let me know what you think

keep the 125. or if u wanna get rid of it check out a kx100 they have close to the power of a 125 but is as tall as a 85L.

yea i would keep it but im gonna race this summer and i think i would get killed racing with the 250fs and 125s

well man im just going 2 say no matter wat class there is theres always a fast crowd. me and my cousin got beat 2 the first cornor by a kid on a cr85 small wheel adn my cuz has a cr125 bored 2 a 140. its not the bike its the rider xD.

yea pretty comfortable jumping but its kinda hard for me to go fast around corners

y dont you get a friend with an 85 2 trade u for a day and u ride it on the track and c how u like it

my bro has one they r the same weight of an 85L and for the most part are just an bored out 85L. so its basicly the same the only thing i hate ab his bike is the suspensons 2 soft for him his 160lbs and it bottoms alot so if u get one u might wanna stiffen it up for racing.

Any 85 based bike is too small for you now ---- you would need custom springs and you are on the tall side for one now too (i know you can ride a big wheel comfortably until you are 5'8 or so --- but you will grow out of it soon)

170 plus 25 pounds of gear is too heavy for an 85 or 100 without some serious suspension surgery.

But -- its your party --- re-valving and re-springing the suspension is part of the game for any bike i have ever bought too, i just don't think an 85 or 100 would last more than a year before you outgrew it at your age and at the size you are already at.

You are already as tall as Ricky Carmichael and Jeff Ward

)