Sign in to follow this  

tank chioce?

I heard a rumor that acrebis was going to make a bigger tank,has anyone got the scoop on it yet?if so will a steering dampner fit?i dont want the ims if i cant run a dampner.packing gas is getting old fast!

I heard a rumor that acrebis was going to make a bigger tank,has anyone got the scoop on it yet?if so will a steering dampner fit?i dont want the ims if i cant run a dampner.packing gas is getting old fast!

Nobody will know until someone gets the tank & tries the steering damper

Last I heard it was still a rumor :)

Hopefully someone with some inside info can confirm it.

A lot of people i ride with like my bike and would consider getting one if they had more range.:)

Can't give you info on the tank from Acrebis, but the IMS tank will have a "for sure" fitment of a Scotts Damper real soon from Uptite. George and his Engineer are working on one and it looks to be the real deal. Tank removal without damper removal. I think it should be available in a couple of weeks. I am going to get one for sure. The GPR didn't work with my tank. The strange thing about IMS tanks is that they are different in the front on some, less room if you know what I mean. Mine is very tight and it will be a miracle if something works without getting a new tank.

according to my source, what was a sure deal in december on the acerbis tank is dead. they were worried that not enought tanks would be sold, also cited the economy. thats all i could get out of them. :):banghead:

according to my source, what was a sure deal in december on the acerbis tank is dead. they were worried that not enought tanks would be sold, also cited the economy. thats all i could get out of them. :):banghead:

That's a bummer. I need a steering dampner and a larger tank. With all the horror stories of the IMS tank I was hoping for the Acerbis to come out.

Sent an email to Acerbis- yes they will develop a tank for the TE510- other priorities right now. I will wait as well as the IBS tank seems to be a mess.

Need to call George and find out about the damper-that sounds good!

Wasn't Clarke working on one too?

Wish someone would make a 2.5 gallon tank (what the bikes should come with).

Sent an email to Acerbis- yes they will develop a tank for the TE510- other priorities right now. I will wait as well as the IBS tank seems to be a mess.

Need to call George and find out about the damper-that sounds good!

What are they waiting for? The same tank can be used on all 2008 and 2009 TE's and the demand is there right now? These bikes could easily have come with 2.5 gallon tanks and still been plenty narrow.

Greg

maybe husky should get the ball rolling on a tank/dampner combo,like the power up kit.this small tank is hurting there chances at new customers.nobody likes to pack gas.

I just noticed that the WR300 and 250 have 2.5 gallon tanks. What gives?

I had good luck with my ims tank on my drz,and 3 gallons is a good size but if i cant get a dampner no sale!

how many miles do you get on a tank?

3 gallons IMS tank 08-TE450 Power up installed.

75 to 90 miles to "light on". ? no Idea after, but I did get home about 3 + or - miles from "light on" and put 2.7 gallons in. All depends on how hard you hit it, but the range can very.

75 miles plus is great.with the stock tank 08-te250 powered up i get 40 miles and my light has only worked once.the tanks in the hard parts catalog are they the ims tank?