Sign in to follow this  

Adjusting Suspension

Alright, so I've got an 03 RM 125 that I race mx with. I bought it from a pro guy who sent the forks and rear shock to Pro-Action. He weighed about 140 with gear on, and I only weigh about 130 with gear on. I raced twice with it, and I noticed that the fork seals were leaking a lot of oil. I recently had them replaced, and there was no where written on the forks on how much oil was in them. It said the spring weight, and the oil weight, but nothing else. So when I got them back and put them on the bike, they felt oftely stiff. I stood up on the bike and jumped to compress the forks, and they moved about an inch. Is that too stiff? Oh, and I knew that when the guy before me was racing the bike, that he bottomed out a lot, because there is rubber all under the rear fender. Any idea about what I should do? Should I adjust the forks and the rear shock, or just the forks? I've never had a perfect suspension set-up before, so I really don't have any idea on what I'm looking for in a suspension. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

you need to check for your fork alignment, shockdoc has a good write up on how to do this, do a search for it, and for your oil levels you want around 350cc.