Sign in to follow this  

wheels...

black or aluminum...  

53 members have voted

1. 1. black or aluminum...

• black
    • aluminum

ok guys found the wheel i want for my new truck but theres plain aluminum and black ones... not sure what'll look the best and since everyones going black now i didn't want to really follow the trend (although some look really good).

so heres my truck...

IMG_0357.jpg

and then the 2 choices...

175.jpg

175b.jpg

seriously sweet looking rims, personally black is the way to go in my opinion, they just look way more agressive, but what ever you decide upon it's gonna look awsome

If you travel on gravel or dirt roads, the black may not last very long (chipping) and end up looking not so hot in a hurry.

If it's an asphalt cruiser, then this doesn't apply.

aluminum looks better imo on that wheel, not a fan of gloss black wheels, matte is better imo.

pretty much my only want in the wheel was the bead lock look... More of a prerunner than a crawler though. Don't get me wrong though they will see a lot of dirt. These ones are really inexpensive but I liked the look before I even knew the price.

If you travel on gravel or dirt roads, the black may not last very long (chipping) and end up looking not so hot in a hurry.

If it's an asphalt cruiser, then this doesn't apply.

Black are great...playing in the rocks leave battle scars. I love my black rims. They are even teflon coated...so when I get stuck for the night I have a nice non-stick wheel to cook diner on :banghead::)

IMG_1982.jpg

I like black rims on vehicles that are primary colors (Black, White, Red) all other colors should go with aluminum or chrome.

I think after a while you would get sick of the black since your vehicle is a neutral color -- but thats just my opinion

Im in the custom truck business and black is the choice of most.With the wheel you have picked out I would go with black.

Aluminum gets my vote, mainly because you can see the design better, and it's a good looking wheel.

Black wheels with chrome around the outside looks dumb IMO.
:banghead:

l_364692efc1fb4faa875190ad54e7dfa2.jpg

n1421328371_30211978_9204.jpg

they came on the truck when I bought it. :) Don't know if I would have bought them myself. I am known more as a "stock jock" by my buddies lol

They are growing on me, though the spoke design is a :banghead: to clean.