Sign in to follow this  

KX125 Transmission Mystery Half Solved

So back in January I posted a thread about my worst day of 09. The short version of that was my transmission was stuck in first. Shortly before that I changed the oil on the bike for the first time.... Went normal the only thing out of the ordinary was the drain plug was very odd looking. I thought nothing of it and put it back in. Well today I drained the oil from the motor and it was silver. Very Very silver, and sparkly. (8 minutes of run time on oil) Missing from the drain plug is about 1/16" right off the top. So I tore the bike down everything.... Im going to spilt the cases tomorrow. Im expecting mucho damage. Im a little upset. I should have bought a drain plug. Instead of using what the PO had lying around.

There is nothing in the motor that can touch the drain plug to remove 1/16". What you didn't see this time was the metal gunked up oil sitting on top of it. But with oil coming out like you stated is not good. Something is busted and you will see it when you split the cases. Post some pic's of what you find.