fatigued

hey guys, just wanting some input on a problem I have been having... I can normally do around 8 hard laps on most tracks around here before feeling like I am risking big mistakes. but the local track I ride after work is really rough and has braking and accel. bumps all over. The track isn't kept up that well to begin with . I can only do like 4 hard laps there and am much more fatigued afterwards. I know... don't grip the bars so hard, breathe, try to relax. But I am still having problems. Any input is appreciated.

hey guys, just wanting some input on a problem I have been having... I can normally do around 8 hard laps on most tracks around here before feeling like I am risking big mistakes. but the local track I ride after work is really rough and has braking and accel. bumps all over. The track isn't kept up that well to begin with . I can only do like 4 hard laps there and am much more fatigued afterwards. I know... don't grip the bars so hard, breathe, try to relax. But I am still having problems. Any input is appreciated.

Can you tell me the secret tp doing 8 hard laps?

LOL, I can't do 4 hard laps on a big track.

Try to close your eyes and take a lil' nap on the big double or triple.

Saves energy and you'll be fully restored right after you land your double or triple!!

Same thing applies for the whoops, you don't need your eyes, only your knees and your back! ?

Try to close your eyes and take a lil' nap on the big double or triple.

Saves energy and you'll be fully restored right after you land your double or triple!!

Same thing applies for the whoops, you don't need your eyes, only your knees and your back! ?

:banghead: :banghead:

Back on subject, try eating a bananna or 2. Also, if that dosent work, try taking a little harder each time. After doing 8 laps,try 1 more. Even if you can only do half a lap, work on it! When i'm jogging, i do 3 miles, then the next week 3.5 and so forth..

I'm 49, I do as many hard laps as I safley can. When I get to the point where I feel I will make mistakes I make a few laps easy standing the entire time. When I stop I can hardly move.You will be suprised how hard this is to do and it will build your endurance.

hehe i like i like turboandys response, heres mine to go with his:

I'm 21 I do as many hard laps as I can. When I get to the point where i feel i will make mistakes (wait i make mistakes everywhere) When i get to the point of not feeling like im holding on, I make some more laps trying to go faster.

In the pits I also run everywhere none of this walking stuff. I have lots of energy but i can only do about 1 full blown all out lap if that before i can feel fatigue.

pedal 14 miles on a bmx bike get a flat and jogg the last 6miles with the bike doesn't wear me out. but riding is working so many parts of the body. The best way to get in shape for a bike is ride and ride so more.

thanks for all the replys guys... I also just moved and have heard that the track owner never does any maint, he just lets it go until race day and just drags it and waters it. i have gotten to know him really well lately... wonder if he'll let me take the bobcat out there. hmmm.

thanks for all the replys guys... I also just moved and have heard that the track owner never does any maint, he just lets it go until race day and just drags it and waters it. i have gotten to know him really well lately... wonder if he'll let me take the bobcat out there. hmmm.

Exactly how bad is the track on most days?

well, its always dry slick, and I honestly can't think of a single place on the track longer than 60 feet that isn't covered in deep accel. and braking bumps. alot of the jump faces are worn pretty bad too. since I have moved here 5 months ago, it has only gotten worse and have never seen any signs of maint. on the track.

Get a mid-level road bicycle. Sure Mtn bikes are good too but save the dirt and wrecking for moto. Try to spin for a couple hrs twice a week. It has helped me. The hunched over position isn't fun at first but your back gets stronger. You work 90% of the time and get breaks on the downhills. While sitting you poke your but out and really push those legs through the cadence and your heart rate sky rockets but you become stronger and it takes more and more to tire you out. Stand up for explosive bursts up hills. Try it.

If I'm riding a really rough track I like to ride the highest gear possible without bogging or dropping off the useable power. I also try to never let off the gas through the bumps even if that means just using a small amount of throttle.

Seems to help me.

• Like 1

when you say riding 8 laps as fast as you can i take that as a sprint. most people are going to make quite a few mistakes at sprint speed, i know i do. you need to figure out that sprint speed and back it down a hair so you feel like you can ride consistent, hitting your lines consistently and maybe finding new ones. when i do this i usually find a comfort level and really get my lines on the track. alot of the time i feel like the last few laps i can get more aggressive, that's when you're going to take advantage of people fading late in the moto. just my opinion. and if the track is rough there's usually still smooth lines to be found, just get creative, sweep the straight aways and try not slamming into corners and being on the brakes where all the braking bumps are, slow down a little, then get on the gas over the bumps, sounds weird, but it helps me when the track is hammered.

when you say riding 8 laps as fast as you can i take that as a sprint. most people are going to make quite a few mistakes at sprint speed, i know i do. you need to figure out that sprint speed and back it down a hair so you feel like you can ride consistent, hitting your lines consistently and maybe finding new ones. when i do this i usually find a comfort level and really get my lines on the track. alot of the time i feel like the last few laps i can get more aggressive, that's when you're going to take advantage of people fading late in the moto. just my opinion. and if the track is rough there's usually still smooth lines to be found, just get creative, sweep the straight aways and try not slamming into corners and being on the brakes where all the braking bumps are, slow down a little, then get on the gas over the bumps, sounds weird, but it helps me when the track is hammered.

Good advise! you can also try interval training for endurance and proper diet is a must.

Im 42 and my goal is to stay out for 20 min sessions and make as many laps as possible. I started by doing 3 laps then 4 then 5 and so on. I will have a bannana between sessions and drink water frequently. I also ride my bicycle to the gym every day (7 miles one way) work out for 45 minutes and ride home. The bike riding really helped my endurance as well as pacing myself while riding moto. I find my line and try to ride it as smoothly as possible every lap, you may not think you are getting around the track fast but if you timed your laps you would be suprised how similar your "smooth" lap is to your "fast" feeling lap. Just my observations your mileage may vary.

Im 42 and my goal is to stay out for 20 min sessions and make as many laps as possible. I started by doing 3 laps then 4 then 5 and so on. I will have a bannana between sessions and drink water frequently. I also ride my bicycle to the gym every day (7 miles one way) work out for 45 minutes and ride home. The bike riding really helped my endurance as well as pacing myself while riding moto. I find my line and try to ride it as smoothly as possible every lap, you may not think you are getting around the track fast but if you timed your laps you would be suprised how similar your "smooth" lap is to your "fast" feeling lap. Just my observations your mileage may vary.

i eat banannas while i'm riding as well, but that's not fueling you while you're riding that day. you need to eat right all week and hydrate all week. eating in between motos is just maintaining your hydration and calorie intake. if you try to eat a bananna a day that potassium will build up in your system and will help for sure. i'm no nutritionist or anything, but your body can't absorb that stuff that fast for it to matter what you're eating during your race or practice day.

i make a drink myself, i start with a vitamin water then i add d-ribose,l-carnatine,l-glutamine,creatine,coq10 also you should have potassium and magnesium in you system already.this is not a stimulant it will help at the cellular level.