Sign in to follow this  

kxf 250 vs 200 xc

I loved my 200 exc but would like to try a thumper this go around. I mostly ride technical trails and race enduros. I am concered that the 250f won't have enough power and have heard they have over heating issues when the going gets tough. Any thoughts? Should I get a 250f or go backto the 200?

well a 200 two smoke will have more power on the top end then a 250f or should. How ever the 250f will be better low. Especily if you add flywheel weights.

Over heating was a consern on the 04-05s but better on 06+

Allthough with any 4stroke don't idle the bike for more then a minute if that.

The will heat up if you're riding only a a few mile an hour and thats it. They tend to like to be ran around 10mph +

200 all the way. you have evary reason against you not to get a 250f

price

over heating

reliability

power

power delivery

weight

the 200 exc shines best in the woods. the 250 f deffinately has its spot in the moto world but when it comes to woods it just cant compete with the 200

Just gone from a gasgas ec200 to a kx250f. I mainly ride tight woods, and love snotty, muddy, rides. I also do the odd gncc, and enduro style races. Now I have adjusted to the bike I am finding it much better due to the engine braking and ease of throttle contol in tight conditions. I'm faster on it without a shadow of a doubt.

With regard to overheting, you can fit an overflow bottle, but mainly if you have to wait in a que either turn off till your turn, or push to the front. If your type of ridding requires you to ride at under 10mph for periods of time maybe get a trial bike.

Don´t get a MX bike ( KXF ) for woods riding!

Get a purposely built one!

the new 250f's make GREAT woods bike....revalve the suspension, install a spark arrested silencer and handgaurds, and GO!!

Or get a KTM EXC (2 or 4-stroke) that already has the right suspension, lights, 18" rear wheel, adequate cooling, hand guards and the right silencer installed.:)

Your call, buddy!