Sign in to follow this  

Removing stock reflectors

Started checking with some dealers, trying to figure out where and when i wanna pull the trigger on a R²,Definately an expensive little bike but awesome!!

I was thinking it would make a great college grad gift to myself from myself :)

I'd like to save up some more money for a 50-60% downpayment but I figure I might as well save anyhow and enjoy the riding season early on while I can. Its been long enough already, I just can't wait any longer it seems haha..

Anyhow......

I was wondering about the stock reflectors that are bolted on with the lower clamps on the fork. I figured if i undo them, then tighten back up that there would likely be a necessary torque value to tighten back up after removal?

Don't wanna crush the fork tubes or anything. Anyone bother to check or just feel it out?

Thanks

Anyone bother to check or just feel it out?

Thanks

I had my forks off today. I just did it by feel, but I do this kind of stuff for a living. A torque wrench surely wouldn't hurt. You might be able to have the dealer do it for you.

Started checking with some dealers, trying to figure out where and when i wanna pull the trigger on a R²,Definately an expensive little bike but awesome!!

I was thinking it would make a great college grad gift to myself from myself :)

I'd like to save up some more money for a 50-60% downpayment but I figure I might as well save anyhow and enjoy the riding season early on while I can. Its been long enough already, I just can't wait any longer it seems haha..

Anyhow......

I was wondering about the stock reflectors that are bolted on with the lower clamps on the fork. I figured if i undo them, then tighten back up that there would likely be a necessary torque value to tighten back up after removal?

Don't wanna crush the fork tubes or anything. Anyone bother to check or

just feel it out?

Thanks

Do yourself and the clamp a favor and torque it to 14 ft.lbs. I think they would be easily over torqued since they are not very big and have a small torque value.

Edit- I forgot the reflectors are on the lower ..14 ft.lbs

Awesome that's what I was looking to hear, thanks!

They are NOT torqued the same. Lower pinch bolts are torqued to 14 ft/lbs. The upper bolts are torqued to 17 ft.lbs. Do yourself a favor and get a manual and the right tools before you start breaking stuff off.

Where did you guys purchase your manuals, I usually get mine from ebay but I dont see one, dealer only, and how much?