Sign in to follow this  

DRZ125l wierd idle

I just got a brand new left over 2007 DRZ125L a few weeks ago and just noticed something strange. When it is idling the idle slows when leaning to the left or on the kick stand. If you stand it up the idle picks up, just guessing maybe around 100rpm, and if you lean it to the right the idle stays the same or maybe just a slight increase over straight up. ***???:)

float level may be off a bit.

If you search this forum for info on rejetting that bike you'll definately want to rejet .

At that point you can correct the float level if it's out of spec.

It could also just be the nature of these bikes . The fly wheel on these bikes runs wet or in the oil. it's located on the left side so when the bike is on the side stand there would be more oil in the fly wheel area. Standing up less and leaned to the right none.

This is all just a guess but sitting here thinking about it, it makes some sense to me . I'd be curious if anyone else notices this ? If this is the case and your oil level is too high that might make it worse ...

It also could be the throttle cable routing if you stand the bike up straight then turn the bars side to side does it change?

Same no matter which way the bars are, so its not the cable. I know I got to rejet cause cold start issue, its a PITA and I have a Yosh pipe that I will be putting on soon. Like I said the bikes brand new, I have only got about 2 hrs. max on it so far, I bought it for the wife mostly and a little for me, but I have a RM250.