Sign in to follow this  

My rebuild is officially done!

87 J-Arm rolling chassis cradling an 06 engine, Welded Crank, Wiseco Pro-Lite .80 over pistons, Vitos 2 Stage Reeds, Toomey T5 Pipes, And carbs with no TORS. Started this in December with $180 and now here I am!

100_3947.jpg

100_3951.jpg

100_3958.jpg

100_3963.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

100_4116.jpg

100_4124.jpg

100_4129.jpg

101_4131.jpg

100_4137.jpg

100_4153.jpg

heres your startup vid, first time it had ever been kicked over.

i bought it blown. piston just looked like it seized up and shattered, rod was fine, but the crank bearings were in poor condition.

i bought it blown. piston just looked like it seized up and shattered, rod was fine, but the crank bearings were in poor condition.

oh damn kid musta beat the piss out the poor thing. and how much it run tou for complete rebuild? btw congrats and good luck:thumbsup:

thanks man!

i traded an older rm125 for it.

i spent alot on it, more than i kept track of, just a few nuts and bolts and wires add up after awhile! i made my own wiring harness with good, quality wire, plus all of that stuff i listed i probably built it for right under 1k

That looks like its going to be ALOT of fun!

Nice job!

yeah, i havent gotten to ride it more than a few feet, but it feels nice! runs rich, but i will get to jetting it. i think im going to break it in tomorrow if the chain works. its bored .80 so i think its like a 370 or something.

Nice, I need to ride one of those. Seems like two stroke 350 twin would be more fun than a 450 4 stroke.

seem's like and ARE, are two completely different things :banghead::bonk::):banghead:

Nice, I need to ride one of those. Seems like two stroke 350 twin would be more fun than a 450 4 stroke.

The 450 is ALOT better...

better, in many aspects yes (lets see it touch it in the desert). now lets talk price and the fact that the banshee is FASTER, it just takes more SKILL to keep it in the powerband.

better, in many aspects yes (lets see it touch it in the desert). now lets talk price and the fact that the banshee is FASTER, it just takes more SKILL to keep it in the powerband.

I will never take my bikes to the desert, if you wish to put huge wear your equipment thats your choice but i wont!:)

I will never take my bikes to the desert, if you wish to put huge wear your equipment thats your choice but i wont!:)

outwears+ shock covers+ clean your air filter and change your top end = ok.

cause we all know its so horrible to scratch an OFF road machine.

cause we all know its so horrible to scratch an OFF road machine.

scratches and dents are not what im worried about, sticking shovels of sand through your motor is what i worry about :):banghead: And dont say you cant get sand into your motor at a DESERT, my friends have done it!!