Sign in to follow this  

RM 250 jetting (Again)

Hi,

Need some advice from the jetting people on here.

My 08 RM250 runs really rich at very low throttle openings.

Imagine high speed top gear on a flat road. Throttle just open slightly so you get a nice steady cruise, hardly any load on the motor.

It will crackle and splutter and spooge starts to form at the silencer outlet.

I have been playing with the jetting and found several ways which seem to improve this....

1. Increase the straight diameter of the needle (This sometimes gives me a high hanging idle for a short time after stopping)

2. Raise the clip position (This makes the bike vicious through the midrange and like an on/off switch power delivery)

3. Needle back to standard in standard position but reduce pilot down to 40 (it also takes a 35, Bear in mind the uk standard needle is 2 steps richer on OD and 1/2 clip richer than your NECJ) Power is smooth through the midrange

What do you think would be the best way to achieve what I want?

I like how it rides using the small pilot setup but I'm worried it's too small (everyone else seems to use 45 or 48)

Thanks

OK I will give that another try :)

Can I ask why you think that is the best way to do it?

Thanks

I think that the current needle is too rich.Once you get closer to the US stock settings it should be better and allow you to open up your jets a bit more. Also check your float level. If you need to know more about jetting, click on the Suzuki FAQ's sticky.