Sign in to follow this  

Blue Diamond today

I need someone to ride with today at blue diamond so look out for a white 09 yzf and red f150. I'll be heading up around noon.

I only went for a couple hours but the track was in pretty decent shape. Some slick spots but over all pretty nice. Might go back wednesday afternoon.

I was there yesterday. Here's my sweet rig:

BD031509.jpg

I had to snap a pic; first ride on the new bike, and I KNOW it will never be that clean again!

looks good bro...how did you like it? or is that a silly question...lol

It doesn't look like that anymore! I keep my stuff clean and very well mainained, but I do not use any polish or wax on my dirtbikes.

I posted this in another BD thread yeaterday:

Well, got some good riding in today even with the weather. It was cloudy all the way down, then 10 minutes before I got there (around 11:00) I had to turn the wipers on. One guy I knew was leaving when I got there, that the rain made it tough to see. The rain stopped after my first moto, and there was a nice dry window from maybe 11:30 to 2:45 or so. Not too many people, which is good and bad. First ride with new bike; I think these 4 strokes might catch on! I had a 9 second improvement over my last week's best time on the 2t; the track was less rutted, but it was pretty nice last weekend too. I'm still waaaay off the A guys' pace, but I sure was pleased.

Just a thought... should we change this thread to be called simply "Blue Diamond", then we can meet up, post track conditions, race results, etc. etc. all in the same place? I would have seen Joe105's post, but I only usually look at my subscribed threads when away from computer and using my phone.

Heading down there tomorrow. Been awhile since Ive ridden BD. Any changes since last year?

Yeah i cant remember when they reversed it back to the original direction but they did that and made most the jumps tabletops. Its getting better...

In early November '08 they changed the section after the longest table. It used to be a right that switched very quick to a left, which was I liked a little better how it is now. Now after the table it goes to the left a little, then a bowl corner, then a big left sweeper through where the starting area is.

Sometime over the winter they extended the track after the big step-up by the RC track. It now goes maybe 100' further, downhill, into a sandy turn. This gives a much longer run to the table/extension than before. Now there is no excuse for not nailing the extension (although the only one doing it today was #72 Suzuki).

In early November '08 they changed the section after the longest table. It used to be a right that switched very quick to a left, which was I liked a little better how it is now. Now after the table it goes to the left a little, then a bowl corner, then a big left sweeper through where the starting area is.

Sometime over the winter they extended the track after the big step-up by the RC track. It now goes maybe 100' further, downhill, into a sandy turn. This gives a much longer run to the table/extension than before. Now there is no excuse for not nailing the extension (although the only one doing it today was #72 Suzuki).

Which is Ty woz who's a B rider but rides there every weekend. I'll be there tomorrow #70 on a honda 450.

I dont like the table with the extension, they should just make it a nice hill to scrub over, kinda like a mini budds creek style hill. I could do without the single before it to, its kinda random.

Nice weekend at BD, blew the top end on the 2 stroker on Sat, then on Sunday snaped a chain tripleing into the rhythm section. also snaped off my shifter in a rutt.

I'll be there next weekend again, for some more fun at BD!

Later,

Ty Woz #72

www.tylerwozney.com

I did not see that. I was not there but a friend told me he was doing a different combination in the front section. Doing the front double then jumping from the roller to the top of that table.

I did not see that. I was not there but a friend told me he was doing a different combination in the front section. Doing the front double then jumping from the roller to the top of that table.

I thought I saw someone do that once but then didnt see it again.

I've actually never seen anyone clear that triple. It's not near where I usually park, but I watched an Open A moto that Barry Carsten was in, and nobody cleared it.

Has anyone ever cleared that elevator jump in one shot (like a big step-up)?