Sign in to follow this  

Jumped Ship

Well I have made the jump from one thread to another. Earlier this year I sold my 1994 DR 250 and upgraded to the 2002 DRZ 400. I've been waiting for the weather to come around here in Iowa and Yesterday it was around 40+ degrees enough for me. This was actually the first time I really got to ride it since I got it in January. Put on about 65 miles of gravel. Here are a few things I did over the winter:

* WPS Handguards

* MCCT

*TT Skid Plate

*TT Case Shields

*DRZ RED EDGE Fender eliminator tail light

* Trax Master K760 tires front and Rear

*Race Ready Air Filter

*Nomadic Rear Rack

* 12 Volt Outlet wired direct to battery w/fuse

*Wolfman packs

000_0303.jpg

000_0302.jpg

• Like 1

ware in IOWA are you

I'm in Morning Sun 52640 zip

I have a SM so not much good in the mud but I'm always up for riding some ware

I'm over in the Dubuque area. There are some great gravel roads and level B roads to be had.

I liked the 250, but I was looking at the DR 650. I figured the DRZ 400 would be the best of both worlds...I think I made the right choice.

yes, you did make the right choice.

enjoy

Welcome vwdrv66!!

I have a Blue 2002 S and I hope you have as much enjoyment riding as I do.

Actually, they are poorman's panniers...or just smart thinking... They are mountainsmith dog packs ($32 on sale). They are a little small, but do not require pannier racks. I also then can add a larger bag on top such as a duffel. Works awesome for what I need. (serriatradingpost.com size m) I figured I don't use them every ride so why pay $130 or more for the Wolfman enduro packs. They are pretty close to the same size.

haha i like my 94 dr250! its my first bike! was there anyproblems you had with it that you could tell me? need it to last! also horn works, but not while i ride??? know why? thanks for an info!

I loved my DR250 and I have had it out to Colorado twice. I never had any issues with it. I bought it with only 28 miles on it a few years ago and put over 2800 miles on it. Not sure on the horn issue. Have fun with it and just keep up on the regular maintenance.:thumbsup: