Sign in to follow this  

'06 CRF23F air filter change/clean

I want to know how to replace my air filter and clean it on my own in future. I've got the cleaning bit down, but I can't seem to get my filter out!

I removed the seat and opened the case. I unhooked the wire over the filter and then I was stuck.....

How do I remove the filter since it is hooked over a frame that cannot fit through the hole? Am I being silly or is there something I am missing?

Should I remove the foam from the frame and then take it out or should the frame come out as well?

And whats more, once I have it out, how do I replace it? Do I hook it over the frame and then replace or do I replace and then hook over the frame?

Please help! I'm a chicky with no clue!

Buddy... Not an attack on you or anyone else here who's first response is generaly, "DO A SEARCH!". It just seems that sometimes a direct question yields a direct answer. IMO, the search is kinda lame and time consuming, not to say it dosen't show results.

BTW, I find some of your posts to be the most informative.

I want to know how to replace my air filter and clean it on my own in future. I've got the cleaning bit down, but I can't seem to get my filter out!

I removed the seat and opened the case. I unhooked the wire over the filter and then I was stuck.....

How do I remove the filter since it is hooked over a frame that cannot fit through the hole? Am I being silly or is there something I am missing?

Should I remove the foam from the frame and then take it out or should the frame come out as well?

And whats more, once I have it out, how do I replace it? Do I hook it over the frame and then replace or do I replace and then hook over the frame?

Please help! I'm a chicky with no clue!

oh lord!!! this is the first thing I did when i bought my 150. Im pretty sure its the same. Take off the side numberplate and under that there should be a black cover take that off too. Then you have all the room to remove it.