Sign in to follow this  

dr800 too much for dodgy knee

hi all new to this hope i'm doing it right

I have a 93 dr800 and need to lighten it up and shorten it down

I did a supermoto conversion a cuople of years ago

any ideas

thanks for reply thing is i like the big single just heavy to manhandle especially if it goes over cant get rid might not sell here also couldnt afford to trade up

was thinking plastic tank(who where) junk unneccessary weight try lowering links have some ideas in my head just dont know who to ask

that DR 800 weighs 440lbs - DRY !!!

i thought the DR650 was a cow - but holy moly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya going to ride that in the dirt ???????

hi camp on the beach or rally field is as far off road as i want to go but Ilike it on the road You have to try the same bike with both nobs and supermoto to feel the diff but she is very heavy

Chris, it's always going to be a heavy bike, but you can dump the standard exhaust & alot of the bodywork to loose weight. I belive Acerbis did a tank for them but probably not anymore. There's a guy from Israel & i think he runs his with a DR650 Acerbis plastic tank. If you want info on the bike thenregister up with ADVrider.com I'm a member & there's some good info available from the guys there. If you're serious about of roading in Ireland though, I'd sell it & buy a proper enduro instead. Mine spend it's time only on the road now. Hope this is of some help.

Robs.