Sign in to follow this  

Front Brake Fluid Hose abrasion/Deterioration!

Hey all, I recently put on a pair of acerbis rally pro HG's along with a set of renthal bars last month. They have been working out great but today I just noticed that where my brake hose is routed through the bars/handguards, it is rubbing excessively. All of the rubber has been rubbed off and the hose is worn down to the inner rope like material. I am scared to ride it because I am worrried it might get eaten away even more to the point where it starts leaking hydrualic fluid. any suggestions? I am thinking my best bet would be to get some bill blue steel brake lines...

I had the same problem with mine. Going the Bill Blue route is the way to do it if you have the $$$; I didn't. My remedy was to cut a section of vinyl tubing lengthwise and slide it over the hose. Wrap it with either electrical tape or secure it with safety wire and you're done.

There are other benefits of getting the s/s braided lines, for starters you can get full pressure on the brake without pulling the lever all the way into the grip. You cannot go wrong with Bill braided lines