Sign in to follow this  

Hare Scramble, how long before refuel?

Can any of you run a normal local series Hare Scramble, Cross Country race for 2 hours on a stock tank with out refueling. I just picked up this bike and am planning on racing it but unsure when I should refuel it?

How many miles is the race? 2hrs sounds like a long one. Because One of my bikes have an odometer on it our 07 can get 50 miles out of a tank on whopped out sandy trails and a gasline road at about a 30mph clip and still have a little fuel left. So depending on your speed,skill & terrain of race I would say 40 miles would be pushing it and 35 safely.

I will eventually get an IMS tank, Had one on my last ride. Just got this bike and I have only gotten about 2 hours of riding time on it and I will be racing it in a couple weeks.

My races are usually 25 miles or so and i have at least 1/3 of a tank remaining. Two hours on one tank...you should be just fine. I did the same thing on a two stroke on the stock tank, so no worries. If you are racing with the big boys, then you might want a larger tank.