Sign in to follow this  

Need a pair of forks

I need a pair of forks for my 08 kx250f. All I can find is 06, and 07 forks. Are the 2008 forks different and does anyone know where I can find them. Ive tried ebay.

wether they are Showa's or kayaba's They are both 47mm on the 250's.The 07 had Showa's, Then I think they went back to Kayaba's. Not sure about the 06's or before. Man you just missed a great parted out bike on ebay a couple of months ago.You might even be able to use 47mm's form the other brands.

04-05 are kyb cartrige forks

06-09 are showa twin chamber forks

I believe the 06-09 are all 47mm and should be switchable.

Only thing is the 08-09 are dlc coated or maybe its the 09 either way they should be swappable

What happened to your forks anyway? If you didn't see any on E-bay I would go to Seismic & adrelin(SP) cycles store and pm them.they are always parting out bikes and might just not have them listed.

I recently did forkseals on my bike, and the forks werent right. I've took them apart several times and even had a local shop look at them. They dont compress right and after a while they become very stiff, and now make noises. I figure if I can get a pair off ebay for 300$ itll be cheaper than spending all that time time to figure it out and eventually purchasing parts to fix it.

The forks are interchangable between -06 to -09.

They are the same externally.

They only differ in damping settings between the years. Spring rate is the same.

And the -09 is the first Titanium Nitride coated one, but it is still the same fork externally.

Basically the newer the better, so get as new a year as possible.

I´m interested in what happened to the old fork, are the tubes bent or something?

Or are the bushings worn out?

Or has it been incorrectly assembled?

Maybe we can help you diagnose them and you don´t have to get new ones?

I don't think they were installed incorrectly as I've done forkseals on my 06 kx250f 06 yz250f and many single chambered forks. Ive took them apart several times and just cant seem to figure it out. Maybe the tubes are just bent? I have no idea.

Put them on some kind of straight surface and rotate them and visually check both lower and upper tubes.