Sign in to follow this  

how much oil?

do i put in my bike?

tranny and in the motor

and also can someone point me in the direction of a downloadable manual for an 05

thanks

for the tranny fill untill oil starts coming out of the bolt that you have to remove with the copper washer. for the motor side, fill untill oil is inbetween high and low on the dipstick.

for the tranny fill untill oil starts coming out of the bolt that you have to remove with the copper washer. for the motor side, fill untill oil is inbetween high and low on the dipstick.

That is the wrong way. Do it that way and you won't have enough oil in there. I think you need to go read your manual.

My method is to just measure out 820cc's and don't worry about the check bolt. A little more oil is good.

oil & filter change.......0.73 qts

tranny @ oil change.....0.63 qts

hope this helps

oil & filter change.......0.73 qts

tranny @ oil change.....0.63 qts

I used these specs and it was low in both the engine and tranny, but that was after I split the cases, just make sure you check both levels afterwards.

To check the levels, start the bike and let it idle for 3 minutes, then shut it off for 3 minutes to let the oil settle, then pull the dipstick, wipe it off then put it back in (dont screw it in) and check it. It should be within the two marks on the stick.

Do the same start for 3 mins and off for 3 mins to check the tranny, remove the trans oil fill and remove the check bolt and oil should slowly drip out.

Guys, is there a manual available to download for an 07 crf 250r ??

Just open the link and change year in the link! 2004 or 2005 or 2006 or 2007 they´re all there!!

EASY!!!:)