Sign in to follow this  

Suspension Revalving

Just wondering if I want to get the front and rear both rebuilt to my weight How much would that be and what's a good company to send it to?

You didn't give a whole lot of detail as far as your weight, type of riding, bike, etc.. but I'd say if you need to have your susp revalved (like most people do) then you should DEFINITELY get both done at the same time.

The cost will depend on how far you want to take it. Just opting for anodizing on the lower tubes is $300 all by itself- whether that's needed by anyone below the AA pro level is up for debate. A revalve will cost about $300 at most places (150 for fr & rr), but that will depend on where you send it to. I'm not too familiar with places back east, but there are a lot of good companies to choose from if you're willing to ship it out but to recommend one I think you need to provide more details.

If you have to ship your suspension, insure it for value plus the cost of the suspension work. Check for a cost on-line. My rear shock was worth something like $1100, the insurance alone was $25-30. It's worth the cost for a good suspension tuner.

I was looking at having my suspension revalved and resprung on my YZ a while back. The cost of Race Tech Gold Valves and springs, plus labor for the local shop to do everything was roughly $600 for forks and shock. Of course that price going to vary widely as to where you take/send your stuff to.

Alright Thanks for the responses, I ride a 2004 Crf250r, I'm about 185 pounds and I ride 95% track and the rest just messing around in fields

Yea for you basic revlave and respring will be around 600-700 depending on where you bring it. Well worth it though.

around here all the local guys cost about 300 for just a revalve and around 550 for a revalve and springs. of course this varies on what parts they need to replace....etc. If your just messing around in fields then you can do dont need a suspension revalve. to know if your forks and shock seals are blown just check with your finger and if theres any oil on the lower shafts then they need to be rebuilt. my shock cost about 115.00 to rebuild and you can rebuild the forks yourself. There should be a video on motosport.com on how to rebuild front forks.

Good luck.

Unless you just interpreted it wrong, I ride 95% of the time on the track and about 5% just messing around in the field... so I mainly ride Track..

Moto-Vations is who I use and I love my results . He will do a revalve for 150 each end and he includes fluids . Marc is a super nice guy and will work with you to get the suspension where you want it . He has a money back garuantee .http://motovationsracing.com/#

If you have to ship your suspension, insure it for value plus the cost of the suspension work. Check for a cost on-line. My rear shock was worth something like $1100, the insurance alone was $25-30. It's worth the cost for a good suspension tuner.

Great advice, I shipped my suspension to MX-Tech East, and UPS lost it:bonk: . It took about 4 weeks to get the insurance money, but it really paid off in the end. Insure it for what the cost of factory parts would cost, they require proof from the dealer for the replacement cost.

BTW, MX Tech East did a great job, and John was very friendly, he even gave me his cell number to call him, just in case I was at the track and needed some advice after hours. That's what I call customer service.:)

You can plan on $500 to $1,200. I can tell you, saving money doesn't always good work.

You can plan on $500 to $1,200. I can tell you, saving money doesn't always good work.
Spending extra doesn't always work good either . I know several guys that have spent 800+ with other suspension tuners and ended up going with Marc at Moto-Vations racing with better results :)

I spent $750 at MX-Tech East and couldn't be happier. That included a rear spring, front springs and re-valving. Best money I have spent thus far. It was a night and day difference.

Unless you just interpreted it wrong, I ride 95% of the time on the track and about 5% just messing around in the field... so I mainly ride Track..

whoops next time Ill actually read the post correctly lol my bad. but honestly the best thing you can do is mess with your clickers. best part. its free. hard part is knowing what your doing.

FCR is a pretty good company

fcr is a joke...

factory connection, mx-tech, and total control seem to be the best ones ive seen work from...

fcr disappointed me badly, pro-action had great customer service, but prices were higher and the tech and i didn't agree on things...

my buddy has his front and rear done at MCR here in Michigan. They did great work. They also rebuilt my shock when the seal went out. Have never had any problems with their work.