Sign in to follow this  

Front Wheel Bearings

Does anyone know where I can find the size of the front wheel bearings on my 2001 YZ125. I looked all through the manual and I can't take the wheel off and looking at the bearing right now or anytime soon.

-Thanks

20 x 37 x 9, you will need two of them. Stock bearings are open bearings, it is better to replace them with sealed bearings of the same size if you can.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot dude!!!

EDIT: I told my stepdad about replacing the open bearings with sealed bearings, I'm not quite sure what he said about that but he wants the dimension of the seal too. (He gets them free from work.) Thanks again.

Thanks a lot dude!!!

EDIT: I told my stepdad about replacing the open bearings with sealed bearings, I'm not quite sure what he said about that but he wants the dimension of the seal too. (He gets them free from work.) Thanks again.

Sealed bearings are manufactured with seals on them. Here is a very cheap double sealed bearing in the size you need:

http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=bearings&Product_Code=Kit7606_1&Category_Code=20mm

The grease seals for the hub are 25.08 x 38.15 x 6.98 mm

Is this the same bearing that a 2004 would use? Mines got quite a bit of play, think I'll change them out before riding season is upon me.

Is this the same bearing that a 2004 would use? Mines got quite a bit of play, think I'll change them out before riding season is upon me.

Yes, 98-09 are all the same bearings in the front.