Sign in to follow this  

Rear Wheel?

The rear wheel on my bike has some side movement. does this mean that i need new wheel bearings? And if i do how hard are they to replace yourself?

sometimes the axle bolt comes loose, i'd look there first.

changing the bearings is not that hard.

im thinking that i might just get some buchannan heavy duty spokes and put those on the stock rims and get some new bearings. what do you guys think about that? because my stock rims are in very good condition. its just that i have some bent spokes, and the bearings are shot.

stock honda rims are garbage, the spokes actually bore larger holes in my stock rims. i laced a set of excel rims/spokes to the stock hubs and havent had a problem since. maybe even just try getting a back rim, id try the moose, only $99 or something.

The wheel bearings are really easy to change. Just tap out the old ones with a brass punch and carefully insert new one using a socket the same size as the outer bearing race. I wouldn't waste money on heavy duty spokes on the stock rims. Either replace the rims as part of the upgrade or just replace your few bent spokes untill you have the cash.