Sign in to follow this  

What rear sprocket for my TE450

Having only done 600 miles with my Renthal rear sprocket, it is showing signs of great sadness. I don't think it will last a lot longer. I use it for mainly trail riding, but it gets a lot of road work to get to the muddy bits. I guess I'll need a new chain as well. Can anyone suggest what makes I should go for, and possibly tell me where to get them in the UK. (or post them to me)

Ironman is a name I've seen on forums and while riding with various folks. Supposed to be very good on longevity for sprockets. Chain, well I bet you've got plenty of options over there, DID and Renthal seem to be a popular choices. These guys seem to be interesting but I've got no 1st hand info about their products, just the marketing mumbojumbo.

http://sidewindersprockets.com/

That's great. Can you suggest any makes that last reasonably well.

www.dirttricks.com sells just Ironman sprockets and they last wery long. In the new Husqvarna Hardparts catalog there is some black(steel) and red(alu) sprockets like the black and orange that KTM makes that will look great on the Husky.

I've been using Renthal sprockets and DID 'X'ring chain for 9 years never snapped one and they wear longer than others I've tried.

depends where in UK you are, my local shop is reasonable.

Cheshire.

Having only done 600 miles with my Renthal rear sprocket, it is showing signs of great sadness. I don't think it will last a lot longer. I use it for mainly trail riding, but it gets a lot of road work to get to the muddy bits. I guess I'll need a new chain as well. Can anyone suggest what makes I should go for, and possibly tell me where to get them in the UK. (or post them to me)

You shouldn't be having problems at 600 miles! How tight are you running the chain? I have close to 3000 and mine shows very little wear.

You shouldn't be having problems at 600 miles! How tight are you running the chain? I have close to 3000 and mine shows very little wear.

I am guessing a renthal isn't stock....Renthal sux!

Thanx chaps. I'll look into trying to get an Ironman sprocket, but I fear they're not available over here. The DID Xring chain has come up a few times,so I'll get one of those.

That's all Huskytastic.

Ride in the mud and it'll be toast in 200mi

hey guy's,I run the Drive systems sprockets, and they last a long time (even in the mud) there not really expensive and fit and finish ,are top notch. the number is (1800 290-9040) or if you like the web(www.DriveSystemsUSA.com) and the x-ring is very good but so is the subaky(and yes I know I spelled it wrong) chains they seem to last a very long time.Oh make sure you are lubing your chain every ride and keeping it clean ,as that will extend the life of the components tremendisly.:)

That is a fantastic suggestion on chain maintenance as I usually forget that part! Well, I'm getting a new chain and front and rear sprocket and will clean after every ride.

I'll tell you all what not to get..........

The anodized sprockets that motosportz sells. They must not be hardened, the one I bought didn't last as long as the rear tire on my TC510. It was only used on MX tracks also......no mud.

I just changed my front sprocket. It only had slight wear on it and i kept the stock chain and rear sprocket.(4,500 Km). What was interesting is that my front sprocket was loose on the counter shaft. The new sprocket fit snug. I am worried the counter shaft would have been ruined if i had not noticed how loose it was.

Strange ? Anyone seen this?