Sign in to follow this  

couple of edge tailight and flasher questions

I've had my Edge Tailight and 601 flashers for a few years now. One of the front flashers broke in a crash awhile back, and today the negative wire got ripped from the tailight. I tried to solder the wire back on, but it didn't work. Needless to say, its time to place an order to Wheeling.

Question 1: Is the tailight replaceable without replacing the whole unit? I saw a tailight for the edge 2 (http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/SopQhX8AAAEAAB0PFJgAAAAD-37769.jpg) , but I'm not sure if it will work with the regular edge. I'd much rather spend $30 to replace the light than $60 for the whole thing.

Question 2: Anyone run the 602 flashers offroad (http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/images/2TCzjwyh0ngAAByujV0AAAAJ-58350.jpg) ? I like the clear lense option on them, but they stick out quite a bit farther than my current flashers. Any good or bad reviews on them holding up in crashes?

Thanks!

The EDGE and EDGE @ have the same light just a different bracket. You can replace just the lighting part.

I have 602's up front and they are well concealed and overall a little shorter than the stockers as they stockers have long "stalks". I have LP Lightworks on the rear that hug the Lic Plate (see garage) as like you I thought the 602's stuck out too far. If you have 602's in the rear now, I would put them up front to replace the broken one and get the sigs that mount flush on the rear. You can put them on the sides of the fender (where it curves down a little) so your side plates will still come off. They are Type 586.

MBtUugyh0ngAAByxj1sAAAAS-33323.jpg

EDGE replacement light now called EDGE 2. Same light with various brackets.

SopQhX8AAAEAAB0PFJgAAAAD-37769.jpg