Sign in to follow this  

Two questions...

1. Sometimes i have difficulty shifting my bike. i have the shifter at the proper height, but i just have big feet and its tough to upshift sometimes. I've seen the different offsets you can get with the hammerhead shifter, but is there another company out there that puts out a shifter that may help?

2. completely random question, but does anybody know what that little rectangular bump is for on the right fork guard? Me and my friend were just sitting there and he asked and we both have absolutely no idea.

1. Sometimes i have difficulty shifting my bike. i have the shifter at the proper height, but i just have big feet and its tough to upshift sometimes. I've seen the different offsets you can get with the hammerhead shifter, but is there another company out there that puts out a shifter that may help?

2. completely random question, but does anybody know what that little rectangular bump is for on the right fork guard? Me and my friend were just sitting there and he asked and we both have absolutely no idea.

1. No

2. No

:)

I have the same problem with my shifter. I raised the shifter up a few splines and it definitley helped things. Try to get your shifter about even or a little higher than your footpeg, this is a good balance between being able to get your toe under it and not having it too high and hindering downshifting.

As far as I know the rectangular bump on the fork guard is for the mounting of a holeshot device. The thicker plastic allows a little more durability and less chance of the hole wallowing out or ovalizing. I may be wrong on this though.

I have the same problem with my shifter. I raised the shifter up a few splines and it definitley helped things. Try to get your shifter about even or a little higher than your footpeg, this is a good balance between being able to get your toe under it and not having it too high and hindering downshifting.

As far as I know the rectangular bump on the fork guard is for the mounting of a holeshot device. The thicker plastic allows a little more durability and less chance of the hole wallowing out or ovalizing. I may be wrong on this though.

i've got my shifter up a spline or so, which made it better, but stil not great. Also the shifter is showing wear from rubbing on the chain, so I really do not think i'm going to go any higher.

That would be strange, since the square bump is too high up on the guard to be used for this. Everything on a holeshot device is mounted well below the bump:

holeshot-device-on-bike.jpg

I too don´t know what it´s for though...:)

well i guess it's just a pleasure nub then!:)

Just back up against it:smirk:

the 07 had bad spline position my 09 is better. that pic brings new meaning to hole shot device.

like this?1237252322.jpg

That´s exactly the way. GloryHoleShotDevice.

Just be careful with that gas can, it´s gonna start a FIRE!

:)