Who makes the strongest o ring chain?

I'm a fan of the Regina ORN-6 chains, I think they are the best chain for the money, but there are other good ones out there. Chains don't actually stretch, they wear where the plates pivot on the pins, and where the rollers spin on the pins.. If you take care of the chain improperly it will wear faster. Remember, you should still use a spray lube on o-ring chains, even though they are sealed with the o-rings. Lube will keep the rollers from wearing. Never blast your o-ring chain with a pressure washer, or scrub it with a stiff brush, as the o-rings can be damaged this way. Always change your sprockets and chain together, as they wear as a set.

+1 on Regina. Also don't forget the front sprocket does 3-4 revolutions for every turn of the rear sprocket, therefore they wear faster and it follows that you should replace the front 2-3 times before doing the chain and rear sprocket as well.

+1 on Regina. Also don't forget the front sprocket does 3-4 revolutions for every turn of the rear sprocket, therefore they wear faster and it follows that you should replace the front 2-3 times before doing the chain and rear sprocket as well.

Ive always been taught to replace it all as a set.

Regina chains are the biggest POS chains I've ever used. I've got them on my bike and my wifes. They've got 44 hours on them and are shot. My wifes stretched so bad today it derailed.... the adjustment was fine this morning.

Primary Drive is some of the best chain I've used. Its also very inexpensive. I've put over 150 Hours on the PD stuff and only had to adjust it once.

Regina chains are the biggest POS chains I've ever used. I've got them on my bike and my wifes. They've got 44 hours on them and are shot. My wifes stretched so bad today it derailed.... the adjustment was fine this morning.

Primary Drive is some of the best chain I've used. Its also very inexpensive. I've put over 150 Hours on the PD stuff and only had to adjust it once.

The Regina chain on my KX250 has over 300 hours of hard moto use in gritty abrasive Florida sand. It has only needed adjusting once.

Improper tensioning is the number one killer of chains. Poor maintenance is second.

What Regina chain are you running? Odds are it is not an ORN-6. Sounds like you are either running improper tension or are maintaining the chain incorrectly.

What Regina chain are you running? Odds are it is not an ORN-6. Sounds like you are either running improper tension or are maintaining the chain incorrectly.

Its an ORN-6. And I'm very well aware of how to tighten and maintain a friggin chain.

Its an ORN-6. And I'm very well aware of how to tighten and maintain a friggin chain.

Well then I don't know what your problem is, I've been using this chain for many years and have never had an issue with it. I normally have to adjust it after the first ride, and then never need to adjust it again. I run it until the sprockets are shot (normally between 70 and 80 hours) and then I change the sprockets and chain. The only problem I have ever had is a rock got between the sprocket and the chain on my 450 and bent one of the plates on a link. The chain had about 40 hours on it at the time. I noticed it right before my moto, and decided to run it. I don't know how long it was before the link broke, but when I finished the race that plate was missing and the chain hadn't broken.

You can buy a 520 chain with the tensile strength to drive the rear wheel on a 200+hp Superbike. No matter which chain you buy however, you'll still need to take care of it, and adjust it regularly. If you don't, you'll stretch one spot too much, and end up buying another before you should have.

I use mid-range DID's (non O-ring) mostly because they're cheap to replace and I can get 30+ hours out of one.

I wash mine with soap and water right after a muddy ride, then hit it with WD40 to repell the water, then oil it right away.

Oh, and chains don't stretch. They just wear out.