Sign in to follow this  

yz250f jetting

ive been toyin around with my jetting ever since i got it to get it perfect. ive had the same problem with it since i got it brand new in 05. when im riding its fine and not noticible. but when the bike is sitting there a idle, and i try to crack the throttle, it bogs down and dies from time to time. ive changed the main jet(190), accelerator pump screw, pilot jet(45). i run VP U4.2 fuel, have K&N filter, white bros carbon exhaust, boysen quickshot pump cover... idk what to go to from here.

like i said, it doesnt happen when i'm riding, just off an idle. so its not a huge deal.

also... where can i find leak jets? the dealers here in town dont ever have them. and i cant find the part number anywhere?

You have to order them, the dealer can look it up. Get a 40 and a 50. Start with the 50.

I take it your accel pump isn't wired? That's why it coughs on stand. You need new LJ when you wire it.

I can make any bike bog on the stand. If it does not do it when riding, then it is fine. The leak jets are in the parts fiche. Get the parts monkey to actually look. May want to visit a KTM/Honda or other dealer if your Yamaha one is useless, they all use nearly identical carbs and the LJ's are identical.