Sign in to follow this  

The Bro Award.

I am starting new award for jackholes. I am gonna call them the Bro Awards, with the Flat Bill as the trophy. My first nominee is the guys that camped next to us this weekend at Ocotillo Wells off of Wolf Wells Road, with a white Suburban and dark green Tacoma. I am sure many of us have experienced the wind damaged ez-up but I am sure we all picked the remnants. Not these guys, they just left it. So I nominate them for their BROTASTIC effort in helping us keep our riding areas on the list of thing to close because of misuse.

Anybody else experience BROTASTIC behavior this weekend?

Nothing this weekend. I was suck at home painting. :banghead:

One trip out at dove spring we had some AH's next to use that were real drunk. That night they thought it would be cool to try to light everything around them on fire. At first it was a 5 gallon gas can making large fire rings with them jumping through the fire. Then it turned into lighting all the bushes on fire around camp. It got to the point where I went in my trailer and got my gun out. If they got any close to us I was going to have to talk with them with my friend smith and wesson on my side. Next morning they packed up and took off. They left so much trash it would have filled a trash can like you have at your house. Nothing but white trash AH's. Up to this point out camping they win the Bro Award from me.

Here's what I like about Cal City. You pick up your phone and call 760-373-8606 and you have the cops at your camp site within minutes. If you don't have the Cal City PD phone number in your phone, add it. That same number will have them and EMS out to you fast if someone needs help. :)

Just one of many incidents, camping off wolf well as well, some parents think its smart to let 4 year old johny ride the suzuki 450 quad of course he had to sit on his knees on the seat. Then the one that takes the cake it was a big race weekend at the local track and we were just practicing when this guy pulls up with his huge toy hauler unloads the lifted golfcart and lets his little 6year old son drive all of his friends around, swerving and cutting off cars. We went and talked to the dad and he was a total AH saying his son can drive well, right then we heard a car honk and the kids had cut off an escalade luckily nothing happend but the kids were giving dirty looks and flipping us off it was rediculous.

Just one of many incidents, camping off wolf well as well, some parents think its smart to let 4 year old johny ride the suzuki 450 quad of course he had to sit on his knees on the seat. Then the one that takes the cake it was a big race weekend at the local track and we were just practicing when this guy pulls up with his huge toy hauler unloads the lifted golfcart and lets his little 6year old son drive all of his friends around, swerving and cutting off cars. We went and talked to the dad and he was a total AH saying his son can drive well, right then we heard a car honk and the kids had cut off an escalade luckily nothing happend but the kids were giving dirty looks and flipping us off it was rediculous.

His dad sounds like one of those guys thats going to tell little Johnny it's ok to have a beer at 10 years old as long as the dad is around. :)

We where at El Mirage and staged at one of the camp grounds and it was full of the people that really never leave camp but ride 360s around the camp sites all day and just make dust clouds. 20 heads and only 3 quads, 1 bike and two helmets for all of them. One thing I like about El Mirage is the rangers give you a direct number to call in case of emergency so I reported them riding three to a quad and two to a bike without proper safety gear. The local law was there within minutes and handed out sitations like they where going out of style and the people who fallow the law where just laughing at them.

I have to give one to my buddy's son who through out clay pigeons just to watch them break. He's 18 and has sh_t for brains. Ok I'm done!

His dad sounds like one of those guys thats going to tell little Johnny it's ok to have a beer at 10 years old as long as the dad is around. :)

Exactly worst part is he was being a prick to my mom, and I was thinking whatever happend to being a gentlemen and then I had to jump in? The kids were cutting off cars the whole time until we left, have you ever seen a 6 year old with a mohawk trying to be a badass? Its quite the sight :banghead:

we were on pit row at superstition for the nationals. some d!cknoses driving by in a lifted tahoe were shouting at us, he revved his motor up and slammed it into gear and BAM! pretty sure he exploded the ring gear in his rear end. damm thing sounded like ball bearings in a washing machine, and the truck was a no go. best part was a buddy in camp with us owns a tow truck company in brawley and had towed the dood just the week before when he got a DUI.

Theres so many idiots around. We have all seen em.

I know a guy that had a dune buggy come through a tent and it broke his wifes back. Never stopped, don't know who they were.

Theres a staging area near my house and on any weekend you can drive there and see about 12.........Ummmmmmm....Hispanic looking people. No helmets, 1 ATC 185s and a 8 yr old with no helmet riding it around their pickup with 22inch rims on it.

They drive out there then stay within 50 ft of the pickup.

Sunday-Thursday, you can shoot a cannon in any direction and not hit anyone at most riding areas. We had a whole campsite at Kennedy Meadows 2 years ago, same for Johnson Valley. We like to shoot bb guns, howl at the moon and bring the dogs out so we try and avoid weekends where it looks like tent city.

Exactly worst part is he was being a prick to my mom, and I was thinking whatever happend to being a gentlemen and then I had to jump in? The kids were cutting off cars the whole time until we left, have you ever seen a 6 year old with a mohawk trying to be a badass? Its quite the sight :banghead:

Those are the kind of guys I like to F with late at night. :)

A few years ago we "met" some fellow riders at Glamis. They arrived around 2am and camped right next to us, I mean RIGHT next to us. They unloaded and decided to tune their quads by doing full tach runs with no mufflers. A friends wife went out (don't ask me why he didn't go) and was chased inside by a barrage of beer cans. About 4am they turned in and slept until about 10 then left in a cloud of dust. When we go back from our morning ride I loaded up but first dropped my black water hose in the door of their tent and gave myself about 10 gallons of space in the tank.

After relocating I called the rangers and complained about some folks that had raw waste in their campsite. :)

• Like 1

A majority of the people I have met out in the desert have been great. It's just sad to see that some people are just disrespectful to the land we use and to the other people that use it with them.

We tend to go out to the big sand hill/bowl on the notrth side of Means dry lake in Johnson Valley. We usually go up the backside of the hill and park on top to watch "the show". As mentioned by ^ most of the people are prepared and "law abiding" however there are those few that are just TOO COOL to do so. The last time out it was a guy and girl on a 450 quad him in full gear without a helmet and her in jeans, tank top tennis shoes and no helmet. going up and down the hill all the while the guys is looking around making sure everyone saw them (him)!

Each time we go there we cross the lake bed and on the way back and see the usual campsite riders doing wheelies, donuts, whatever none of who are wearing the required gear AND riding double, triple per uqad...I will say we see our share of bike riders too performing similar stunts in the same manner! Really gives us a bad name!

This weekend at WT Parking. 44mags going off at 10pm.

Across the creek two dudes not covering up their shit piles. At least move a rock, shit in the hole and put the rock back.

Luckily my dog doesn't roll in shit.

These wern't flatbillers, more liek rednecks. That's the difference. In NorCal we got rednecks. the flatbillers stay at the OHV parks.

I was in Johnson Valley camping with my brother in law his family and his buddy's family.Their had been a new Hummer with ginormous wheels parked next to my bro in laws buddys trailer. Well when we got back from our ride we saw the hummer was gone and noticed a busted up folding table laying on the ground were the hummer was. Not a soul around so the buddy picked it up and figured he could get a few bucks for the aluminum scrap.