Sign in to follow this  

125 Carb float?

Hey all,

So I've done tons of searches on this board regarding the carb. My girlfriends KLX125 had been leaking gas from the carb, and obviously it is the float. I figured while I was at it I would take out the plug so I could get at the fuel screw. I went ahead and have it about 2 full turns out, adjusted the float to 0.75" and reassembled. I haven't noticed any gas leaking now, but I can't seem to get the bike to idle with the choke down (on) for any more than maybe 90 seconds then it dies off. Any information would be of real help. Thanks a bunch.

I should also mention the bike is completely stock... only mod is I removed the airbox snorkel and thats it. Thanks!

Bit more tuning and I have the bike running now... still a little lean though. I can fix that. But now I'm seeing gas leaking from the carb again... :)

Check to make sure nothing is in your needle and seat. If its leaking by, then your filling your float bowl regardless of float position (the float is not shutting the fuel off like its supposed to) . I found a small grass seed in mine, have no idea how it ended up there. Blew it out with compressed air and now shes good to go!

Tom