Sign in to follow this  

Kdx 220 Cylinder Honing

Hey guys im after some advice on the KDX220 Cylinder. I would like to know what the technical specifications and service limits are in accordance with the KDX 220 Manual as unfortunatley i do not have one. Also there is lots of talk about what lining your cylinder has i.e elctrofusion, Nickail etc etc do you know what plating the KDX 220 cylinder has? and can it be honed? as i was advised to go get it honed as the deposits on my cylinder from where my engine overheated could possibly be removed as the actual cylinder wall itself remains and looks scratch free. Any thoughts

Normski :)

Hey guys im after some advice on the KDX220 Cylinder. I would like to know what the technical specifications and service limits are in accordance with the KDX 220 Manual as unfortunatley i do not have one. Also there is lots of talk about what lining your cylinder has i.e elctrofusion, Nickail etc etc do you know what plating the KDX 220 cylinder has? and can it be honed? as i was advised to go get it honed as the deposits on my cylinder from where my engine overheated could possibly be removed as the actual cylinder wall itself remains and looks scratch free. Any thoughts

Normski :)

theres is no need or purpose to ever hone a plated cylinder, you cant hone electrofusion at all, it will ruin it. use some pool acid and a scotchbrite pad to get the aluminum off. if the crosshatching is worn enough to warrant honing then it needs a replate. only a diamond hone will even touch plating, sry i only have the 200 manual