Sign in to follow this  

Why won't FMF powerbomb header work with 250x stock exhaust???

Cycle Gear informed me that the FMF Powerbomb Header would work with my CRF 250x stock exhaust. Got one for christmas, tried to install it and it doesn't fit. The header diameter where it attaches to the exhaust is too large. I will take any suggestions on making this work. Thanks.

Cycle Gear informed me that the FMF Powerbomb Header would work with my CRF 250x stock exhaust. Got one for christmas, tried to install it and it doesn't fit. The header diameter where it attaches to the exhaust is too large. I will take any suggestions on making this work. Thanks.

My only suggestion is to buy the can that goes with the headpipe. I would imagine that FMF was got it figured out.

Regards,

Thomas

I have read in several places that they are different sizes and won't work together...you are stuck with buying the FMF can unless you do some cobbling.

Why would you run a headpipe with the stock exhaust? Most people get the muffler first then the headpipe. So it would be crazy for the manufacturer to design them the other way around.

The R and X headers are the same diameter, the difference is in the length of the header. Hence the interchangeablity between R and X silencers. I would contact FMF directly to see if in fact you recieved the correct part.

I would think that the '05 FMF R header might work since the '05 Stock R header fits:excuseme: I'd do a little more research to make sure though....then go back to the place where whomever bought the header for you on xmas and as to exchange it. Shouldn't be a problem, maybe? Good luck :)