Sign in to follow this  

High/fast idle when warm?

I took my XR4 out today for my maiden voyage on her:ride: I rode about 12-15 miles on fire roads and it was a blast. One thing I noticed was the idle seemed kind of high once the motor warmed up after maybe 20 mins of riding. I was going to turn the idle speed down a litte but I thought I'd ask here first and see if it might be somthing else.

I did some searching and read that the idle ajustment screw is a black knob above the choke, is that correct?

come to think of it, it may have started when I lowspeed dumped it on its side?

Just turn the idle screw down to 1300 +,- 100 rpm.

I turn my idle up about 1 turn to help with cold starting then turn it down once warmed up.

Darrell

Turn up the idle when choked and starting the beast. Once it is fully warmed up you will have to turn the idle back down. It is running correctly.

okay, thannkyou much!:) thanks for the tip guys. that probly explains why it started in two kicks and it was 38* in the woods this morning, that is once I realized the fuel was off:banghead:

i used a sharpie to mark which way to turn the idle screw up or down, that way its always easy...i also give it 2 full turns up to cold start....works perfect.