jetting

im re jetting for the 1st time and have one question..do i need to take the carb completley out? i dont think i do but im just double checking. i think i just need to drop the bottom of the carb off...

You can change the main jet and pilot jet easy. just loosen carb clamps on both sides and tip carb. then remove the large round 17mm nut on bottom of carb and you can get to the main and pilot. for the needle you need to remove the seat and tank to access the top of the carb.

Oh nonsense. I just replaced my pilot yesterday. It too 20 minutes total on my 07. Did my main last week. I snapped the main off and then had to remove the carb and THAT is a pain but assuming you do not botch it it is quite easy.

Remove the 17mm drain, loosen both carb boots, rotate the carb so the bowl is facing out towards the chain side, remove the front sprocket chain guard to give screwdriver or extension room, then swap the jets.

how do you propperly get at the carb then? I dont have a manual or anything for my bike i was just kind of wingin it and tearing stuff off until i could pull it out easily

Are you serious? The post right above yours spelled it out. Here...

Remove the 17mm drain, loosen both carb boots, rotate the carb so the bowl is facing out towards the chain side, remove the front sprocket chain guard to give screwdriver or extension room, then swap the jets.