Sign in to follow this  

What to do?

Hey I know this seems like a really dumb question but here we go... So about three months ago I crashed my 2008 KTM 200xcw riding wheelies, and did a number on the pipe. There is dent in the side of it, but it is not too horrible, probably 6 inches long and a half inch deep at the center. Anyways, in my last couple rides it feels as if the timing of the powerband is different. My first guess is that this would be a jetting issue brought on by the dent in the pipe. Replacing the pipe will cost about $220 all said and done, considering I would go to the gnarly. I would rather save this money, so my question is: Should I rejet the bike, or just go ahead and buy a new pipe?

I don't think a dent in the pipe would affect things too much, but I'd recommend getting a new pipe anyways. Gnarly FTW.

If it's a tight money issue, I'd do some rejetting, but it's likely that the jetting is more affected by the changes in temps this time of year than that dent.

If money is slightly tight (pipe's aren't cheap) I would get the pipe repaired and use it.

Depending on the size of the dent and where it is...It could definitly be your pipe. The pipe is a highlly technological piece of airflow. If disturbed with a large dent it will affect your power. It all depends on where, how deep and how big the dent is...

I just sent my pipe to pacific crest pipe repair for $88 including shipping I am hoping for a "like new" pipe. They are in Oregon, I have heard alot of good things about them

ok yeah thanks guys,that is what i was thinking. I am probably going to replace the pipe to a gnarly because money isn't an issue at all, I was just thinking if it was a minor jetting issue then there wouldnt be too much point in spending over $200 dollars in something thats not the direct issue. Besides it gives me an excuse to buy the gnarly :thumbsup: