Sign in to follow this  

Missing Radiator Bolt?

I noticed that one of the bolts on my right-side radiator was missing. Looking at the mount I can't figure out how it is supposed to work! It looks like the radiator just has a big circle mount that goes on a rubber grommet that is attached to the frame. The bolt and washer don't have anything to hold on to? The parts diagram isn't much help. What am I missing here? Its a 2007 250SX-F...

Thanks,

Mike

The one that mounts to the frame? I will go out and take a look as I thought the bolt went through there and mounted directly to the frame, unless I don't understand what you are saying. The rubber grommet makes it not so rigid.

yeah, the one that mounts to the frame. Maybe my right radiator is damaged... The bolt head and washer is way smaller than the hole in the radiator mount.

DSC_2527.jpg

DSC_2530.jpg

I noticed that one of the bolts on my right-side radiator was missing. Looking at the mount I can't figure out how it is supposed to work! It looks like the radiator just has a big circle mount that goes on a rubber grommet that is attached to the frame. The bolt and washer don't have anything to hold on to? The parts diagram isn't much help. What am I missing here? Its a 2007 250SX-F...

Thanks,

Mike

Maybe remove the bolt and mount from the other side and see what it's like??

That rubber grommet fills the hole, then the bolt and washer go through it.