Sign in to follow this  

My new project.

Wondering if you guys think it was worth it . $ 250.00

missionandtrailer019.jpg

6 1/2 x 12

missionandtrailer020.jpg

The tongue is bent . I will chop that off and make a new one.

missionandtrailer021.jpg

Two new fenders, flip the axles to the bottom of the springs for more clearence. New tail gate and add sides . It has brakes too.

What do ya think??

It's a beast of a trailer. If someone was doing comparison shopping, it would lose to other trailers (cost to repair, additional fuel cost based on weight). However, it's a great price and if you're the type that likes to fix things up, then it really looks like a fun project. Good luck and enjoy!

Even worst comes to worst, you'd break even on scrap iron alone.

Not so sure about that! The scrap prices bottomed out in unison with the gas prices.

Fix 'er up, slap on some paint, and I am sure you could sell it for more than you have into it.

PLEASE keep on posting pics of your progress. I am enjoying watching this and am sure the final result will be impressive. Your boat has me intrigued: The drive is not a speedmaster, but is a #1 or Alpha derivative. Cleaver prop, not a thru-hub and has the SpeedMaster nose. I have seen very few of these. That was a great design from Merc. Remind me not to race you on the water :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Looks like a rugged trailer! You could really make it look like new with some hard work and paint. What are you planning to tow with it?

Now that I can see the underside, I'm kind of surprised to see no frame rails running the length of it. :thumbsup:

Now that I can see the underside, I'm kind of surprised to see no frame rails running the length of it. :usa:

Me too. No frame . Its a angle iron box with diamond plate welded in the center. I am still scratching my bald head trying to figure out how to put the tongue back on :thumbsup: so it won't fall off..

Now that I can see the underside, I'm kind of surprised to see no frame rails running the length of it. :usa:

Yep that is part of the reason the tongue is bent, the other part was they were loading some real heavy stuff on it based on how the tailgate is bent.

If it was mine I would cut all of the stuff off of the bottom of it and add a frame like this. :thumbsup:

http://teardrop.riverrock.net/pics/Picture1.html

By chance was that the trailer parked on Lassen in Chatsworth for a while? I kept driving by one very similar (missing wheel and all) recently and now it's gone. If it is, what a small world.

Me too. No frame . Its a angle iron box with diamond plate welded in the center. I am still scratching my bald head trying to figure out how to put the tongue back on :thumbsup: so it won't fall off..

I'd fab up a frame C channel the length of the entire trailer, and attach it to the underside of the existing cross members, and bring the tongue straight off the frame rails, while adding another cross member at the front of the trailer to even out the whole deal.

Then you'd actually have something.

Now that you've flipped the axles, you have the clearance to do it.

But, it depends on your usage.....I overbuild everything.:usa:

Plated the corners

trailer027.jpg

I know now :thumbsup: I should have gone to the outside frame rail .but It will not fall off

trailer030.jpg

This thing is like a cookie sheet

trailer034.jpg

New fenders

trailer036.jpg

Plated the corners

trailer027.jpg

I know now :usa: I should have gone to the outside frame rail .but It will not fall off

trailer030.jpg

This thing is like a cookie sheet

trailer034.jpg

New fenders

trailer036.jpg

It's looking a lot better. :thumbsup:

I started to put the sides on

trailer039.jpg

trailer046.jpg

Really SICK of this thing

grinder.jpg

AND THIS

welders-1.jpg

trailer049.jpg

trailer054.jpg

The maiden voyage to see if it tows straight.

trailer051.jpg

The lights are temporary. Just enough to get me to the Desert and back. I want to go riding.

I will make them a lot nicer later. I am going to make a ramp on the back too.

trailer055.jpg

Me and my 9 year old went off with some rattle cans of black, just to keep it from really rusting on my driveway. I will take it to my buddy's body shop and paint it for real later. I need to ad some inner fenders and new tires .

trailer061.jpg

:thumbsup::confused::excuseme::banana::moon: :moon: :prof::cool: :cool:

Dang man. It has really came together. It sure looks like you did a good quality job aso far:thumbsup: