Sign in to follow this  

bike washing tip help

scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub

what are some good ways to make my dirtbike shiny
Clean it with soapy water. Scrub the raw metal parts like cases with a good degreaser and a stiff bristle brush. I use a tooth brush to get in the tight spots. After it's clean and dry I wipe everything down with Turtle Wax F21 Protectant to give it a nice shine. Don't get any on the seat or the brakes.

and good
Maintain it properly, and improve your skills.

i only realese the brakes
:)

Clean it with soapy water. Scrub the raw metal parts like cases with a good degreaser and a stiff bristle brush. I use a tooth brush to get in the tight spots. After it's clean and dry I wipe everything down with Turtle Wax F21 Protectant to give it a nice shine. Don't get any on the seat or the brakes.

Maintain it properly, and improve your skills.

:banghead:

Amen to that.:)

I have a full custom graphic kit with backgrounds so my bike doesn't really get that hard to clean. I just power wash the mud off, Spray simple green on my bike. Let that sit for 5-10 minutes. Rinse that off. Dry it with an air compressor. Hit the pipe with some WD. Relube the chain. Spray some More Shine Less Time on my tires. Thats pretty much it. :)

Use warm water, it takes the mud right off. I use Maxima CleanUp and a stiff bristled brush to clean my chain, I use Maxima CleanUp to clean my airfilter after I ride, then I lube my chain with Maxima ChainWax. Then I dry with a towel. If you have crusty dirt on your rims, you can spray wd-40 on it and it will take the dirt right off.

Spray with simple green and leave it for a couple of minutes. Then rinse all the dirt off and scrub off everything else with a brush or a cloth.

And follow chokey's tips as well.

• Like 1

self car wash for the win..

they got fatty pressure washes with soap and anything u need, want less power just stand farther back..

• Like 1

The best advice I found a few weeks ago was to take an empty spray bottle (windex, simple green etc.) and take 1 full capful of liquid laundry detergent and empty it in the spray bottle. Then fill the bottle to the top shake gently for an even mixture. then spray the entire bike down (plastics, tires, motor, I mean everything.) Let the mixture dry for 20 minutes. Then take water and rinse off. No scrubing and the detergent is not harmful. No need for a pressure washer which can get past seals.

I did this the last time I went out and it worked out perfect. Got the bike out of the truck, sprayed down the bike with the mixture. Let it dry while I cleaned up some other stuff. After 15-20 I rinsed the bike out. i did have to use a rag to help with some of the big clumps underneath the fender. The bike looked cleaner than when I took it out!

Spray the engine area with a light coat of PAM cooking spray before you go riding. it prevents a lot of the dirt from sticking solidly, making cleaning after the ride easier.

Putting a fresh coat of wax on the plastics before your ride helps prevent mud and dirt from sticking to it, making cleanup easier

NEVER pressure wash the engine area or electronics areas

NEVER Armorall your(own) seat (it IS okay to do it to others. In fact, I encourage it!)

ALWAYS use a plug in the exhaust so you don't squirt water into it

Lube your chain after every cleaning

Those are some of my tips

Simple Green for the dirt and Ive found for the greasey stuff Orange Blast cuts a little better. Spray the bike down good with water and let it sit for a couple minutes so the water sinks in and makes the dirt more like mud. Spray some Simple Green on it and at this point you can scrub it or you can hose it off then put some more cleaner of your preference and scrub the stain left behind. The main thing is to use a lot of water, use a cleaner, and scrub everything down. Doesnt hurt to run over it with a rag afterwords and get the dirty water off. Keep an eye on metal parts and apply WD40 if needed. I like to put some type of liquid wax on my plastics and it helps with stains.

Plastic restore is shit. Came out nice but one wash with simple green and it was gone...