Before

2932009862_4bc33d0ca5_b.jpg

After

3358381176_64a90b314a_o.jpg

3357558895_576a8c13d4_o.jpg

3358366950_ee020081b0_o.jpg

3357554727_53f03e4c35_o.jpg

Now for a few questions.

1. Pretty simple, what is your opinion on blacking out the taillights like I did my blinkers/runners?

2. This thing is starting to burn oil pretty bad, so I will hopefully have the engine rebuilt this summer. What would it cost to have it rebuilt back to stock specs? What would it cost to have it rebuilt with an eclipse head/turbo/computer? (obviously both estimates, it is a 2.4 4-cylinder).

3. Has anybody ever owned a vehicle with an LSD in the front? How did you like it? How hard is it to install an LSD, or how much would it cost to have someone install one?

Thanks, and let me know what you think.:)

EDIT:Yes, I know I need new tires. The ones off the Power Wagon will be going on this since the wagon needs bigger tires anyway.

What are you doning with this beast?With the size of those tires and lift along with an lsd you can kiss your front end good bye,even if your not offroading it.

What are you doning with this beast?With the size of those tires and lift along with an lsd you can kiss your front end good bye,even if your not offroading it.

IDK, there is a guy on Mightyd50 that runs 35s, lsd's front/rear, and very tight gearing that hasn't had any problems. They are surprisingly stout. There are also many raiders/monteros running LSD's front/rear that aren't having problems. I just want to know how it would behave on the street before I jump in, lol. Thanks:thumbsup:

Oh, and anyone that has a ram 50/d50/mighty max, throw up some pics.

P.S. I still get 18-22 mpg depending on how I drive.:)

Sweet little truck, that was one hell of a front bumper it came with! You really turned it into an awesome bike hauler that will bring you and your bike to lots of places. Have fun with it!

dude that little thing is rad. dont waste your time on getting an LSD for the front. use that money to save up for a Dana 44 and do an axle swap!!!!!

You say it's burning oil pretty bad,does it smoke all the time or just when you start it. How many miles and any other issues besides the smoking?

You say it's burning oil pretty bad,does it smoke all the time or just when you start it. How many miles and any other issues besides the smoking?

It only smokes for a little bit, however, you can smell the burnt oil all the time(probably rings). It has 91,000 miles on it, other than the oil, it runs great. I was reading over on mightyd50, and it sounds like a lot of theres have been burning oil for many thousands of miles, so I'm not to worried about it. It just gives me a reason to do the DOHC turbo swap.

I had one of those that did the same thing. Bardahl makes an oil additve called No Smoke, started putting that in every oil change and it stopped smoking. The truck had over 230 thousand miles on it when I got rid of it and still ran good.

I had one of those that did the same thing. Bardahl makes an oil additve called No Smoke, started putting that in every oil change and it stopped smoking. The truck had over 230 thousand miles on it when I got rid of it and still ran good.

Awesome, I will give that a try.:)

dude that little thing is rad. dont waste your time on getting an LSD for the front. use that money to save up for a Dana 44 and do an axle swap!!!!!

I would, except I don't have the know-how/time/money. There is a writeup on someone that put new Dana 44's out of a rubicon under his. It turned out pretty cool.:)

Oh, and anyone that has a ram 50/d50/mighty max, throw up some pics.

P.S. I still get 18-22 mpg depending on how I drive.:)

I've got a 1980 d50 that I bought used in 1982 and am still driving it. Amazing truck. It's got a very torquey 2.0L with a 4sp stick and still gets 26 - 29 mpg.

I've got a 1980 d50 that I bought used in 1982 and am still driving it. Amazing truck. It's got a very torquey 2.0L with a 4sp stick and still gets 26 - 29 mpg.

Yeah, I've always heard that the 2.0's got better mpg than the 2.4l, and I guess the 4x4 doesn't help. The previous owner said the best he got was 24mpg. If you have a pic, throw it up.:)