Sign in to follow this  

buddscreek/mdra

This is only my second year to the mdra andi was glad to here budds was going to join the mdra. But this weekend changed my mind jhon did a great job under the circumstances of the weather he was delt but that does not excuse what he charged. It cost me $25 to get in for the weekend and $25 to pratice and $30 dollars a class to race which i did two classes. So just for me it was $110 and another $50 for my wife and kid to get in. I just beleave thats way to much and if thats how its going to be i will do no more mdra races and i think we need to let the promoters no that we will not stand for it.We all know that motocross is very costley but the mdra does not need to kick us when we are down and i thought this was a series for the riders. So i will check with tomahawk to see if he is going to charge the same thing and if he says yes then no round two for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is only my second year to the mdra andi was glad to here budds was going to join the mdra. But this weekend changed my mind jhon did a great job under the circumstances of the weather he was delt but that does not excuse what he charged. It cost me $25 to get in for the weekend and $25 to pratice and $30 dollars a class to race which i did two classes. So just for me it was $110 and another $50 for my wife and kid to get in. I just beleave thats way to much and if thats how its going to be i will do no more mdra races and i think we need to let the promoters no that we will not stand for it.We all know that motocross is very costley but the mdra does not need to kick us when we are down and i thought this was a series for the riders. So i will check with tomahawk to see if he is going to charge the same thing and if he says yes then no round two for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats kinda how it goes. Thats been pretty much the standard across the board with most tracks. $10 a day to get in is about avg with always charging for spectators to enter is the same $10.$25 to practice the day prior is what I have always known it to be and the $30 a class is about $5 more then norm but if your not a MDRA member then that has always been the norm also. So I dont think your gonna find any other Rd much cheaper. Maybe $10-$20 for an entire weekend but not much.

Believe me I wish it was most cost effective but I dont see it changing. never know though.

I fill your pain thats how it goes all the other tracks charge $10 for the weekend and $30 to race so it will be cheaper next time and $25 to pratice. The mdra was created 4 the rider but i beleave it is not abought that any more. The only thing i can suggest is contact them via websight and let them know how you feel. Se all tracks are suppost to charge the same but i beleave budds is the only one that cost that much. And if you look on budds website he was to only charge $25 a class.

a lot of work goes into a track and setting it up for racing. Plus this is how these guys pay their bills.

John did a GREAT job on the track ! A buddy and I went there only to practice. Yes it was quite expensive but the first 2 practices the track was great ! I am glad he took out some of the inside kickers and mellowed the whoops. I would have liked to have seen a better take off on the camel back. That one looks like it would be tough to get over as the lip is now. You guys should have seen the amount of mud he had to clear. I know how much work this is as my buddy and I run his equipment when we have SMDR rides.

you practiced and didnt race? last time i did that i had to pay for practice PLUS sundays gate AND race fees......just to practice...unreal!

i love Budds on race day but...excuse me if i offend anyone...F' Beasley

rant over.

Thats about the going price of a raceday and Budds is always usually a little more than others as far as gate fees. I mean come on, its a National track!

Easy on Beasley. He may get a little stressed and upset sometimes cause he is a busy guy, but he is a good dude. I had rented his track one day last year and 2 days before my rental day I crashed pretty bad at Mountaineer and was in the hospital for a few days. The day I got home I recieved a phone call. It was Jonathan calling to see if I was ok and how I was doing. Good dude!

I crashed pretty bad at Mountaineer and was in the hospital for a few days. !

You thought about riding again yet ? ? ?