Sign in to follow this  

OEM Battery Warranty???

How long will Suzuki warranty the OEM battery for in our bikes? I have an 08" that is maybe 8-9 months old. Everytime I go to start the bike now it struggles due to the battery not having enough juice. Tried a search but found nothing on this. The bikes have a 1 year warranty (I think), does that cover the battery as well?

It sure does depend on the dealer. I had a problem with mine and the service manager told me that it was concidered a maintanece issue and was not covered. I went at it for a few rounds but he wouldn't budge. He did however offer to sell me a new one for $125. I went home bought a battery tender($23) and a gel cel battery on e-bay($40). So I paid half as much as new and got a new tool for tha shop

Gonna call tomorrow when the dealer opens up. Not sure how I can test the charging system. If i get the bike running, it seems to charge up the battery as it will usually start fine from then on as long as it does not sit for very long. If it sits for a few hours or overnight, it's got hardly any juice. Pretty lame if I can't get it warrantied being I only have 2900 miles on the bike and it's only 8-9 months old.

Pretty lame if I can't get it warrantied being I only have 2900 miles on the bike and it's only 8-9 months old.

thats 322 miles a month.

they will will tell you its from lack of use.

just be prepared.

thats 322 miles a month.

they will will tell you its from lack of use.

just be prepared.

yeap,warm up to the idea!:)

Ya i have an 08' s model my battery stopped working after 2 weeks, i even hooked up a trickel charger but still no dice, so i called the dealer, he warranty'd it, now its been 5 months strong with no problems... knock on wood.