Sign in to follow this  

2009 Atlantic Grand Prix season???

What the heck is going on with the AGP schedule/season? I haven't raced any of their races before as we are new to the area but they just cancelled the first race of the year and there is nothing planned beyond a few GNCC races. Anyone have the inside scoop on what to expect???

What the heck is going on with the AGP schedule/season? I haven't raced any of their races before as we are new to the area but they just cancelled the first race of the year and there is nothing planned beyond a few GNCC races. Anyone have the inside scoop on what to expect???

There are issues like this with the AGP. You will have to be patient.

There are issues like this with the AGP. You will have to be patient.

Thanks Smittie.

The hold-up has been with land contracts for the properties we use.

Where others use property thats owned by individuals or the state the properties we use are owned by larger corporations that have a ton of legal red tape.

Also the properties we use are for fund raisers and the land owners have no interest in making money, they loan the property to us for community good will.

With the economy being soft off-road races on their properties isn't top priority and getting the contracts signed have been a little bit of a struggle.

Once we have the contract in hand I still need 30 days minimum just to get the required 6 state and municipal permits required to hold just one event.

We just received the contract for the first event last week and I have to have a signed contract to get the permits.

So we;re looking at April 19th for the first event.

Dale

Thanks Dale for all the work that you do to pull these things off, I hadn't realized it took that much work. My wife and I look forward to attending the races and I'll keep checking the website for the where and when.

I am getting in shape and will be better prepared for these races, pit crew, more water and energy drinks. Please no dust though, cough. Top notch group.