Sign in to follow this  

3x3 mod on new 09 Aussie spec bike?

Hey guys, ive jus got a new Austrailian spec 09 sm, and was wondering how it go with the 3x3 mod, with no other mods untill its ran in? Or would i need to change the jets straight away? The bike is still running in.

G'day buddy,and tt members,thougth it was time to join in,after beening on

here for awhile ive never had to post a thread for help with my 08 aussie 400e. the "search this forum" has solved all my problem,learnt new tricks and gave me good ideas for my own homemade mods.(sumtimes can be a wild goose chase)

if it wasnt for all the guys on here i'd b riding in the dark with a hopeless bike.now i've got a kickass bike for me and you cant beat a 400e on road,and then off and back on, boths worlds covered.ur mods can wait until u ran her in,dosent take long,keep dumping ur oil out until most of the steel filings are gone,do a search on runing in.hard and fast (not too fast)with many oil changes i think is best

Doesn't matter when you do the 3x3, now or later. BUT, correct your jetting when you do.

Anyone here know the standard jet size of the Aussie spec 09 DRZ400SM??

didn't they do the 3x3 and deristriction and jettimg for you when you picked it up. It is usually a pre delivery mod they do for us up here in sunny North Qld. they also change the gearing from the crappy 14/47. (it's not loke i am going to climb Mt Everest soon)

No, they didn't. - It was going back @1000km to be "tinkered with" - But Ive got the bug & wana do what I can now. :)

just looked at the jet I removed from my 2008 drzsm , when I rejetted and did the 3x3 , and it was a 142.5 :)

Well, I might have to open up the box & get it into by jetted asap. - Any idea on recommended jet size for 3x3 & pipe in Australia?

go a 160 main,the 142.5 will be way to small with the 3x3,-the 160 will be close if not spot on with a pipe,

The SM doesn't have the FCR, isn't a 160 to big? Not that I know much about jetting, but that was recommended for my E model?

um... ???

From what I have gathered on other posts:

Open core pipe and 3x3 AND sea level, the 160 is good. For both BSR and FCR. :)

I followed advice given here:

3x3, open pipe, JD jet kit with Kientech fuel screw, sea level to 1000ft maybe.

160MJ

Blue needle,

4th clip

22.5 pilot

Runs perfect.

+1 on Daffy's set up. Spot on with full open pipe & at sea level. Get the James Dean jet kit from the TT store, & do the 3x3, you won't regret it mate!

You don't have to get an extended fuel screw, but if you don't, you need to whack in the 25 pilot which comes in the kit. Enjoy!:)

Oh and I forgot - I also recommend removing the PAIR and carb solenoid valve. All the info is in page 2 of the FAQ, under "common thread reference". Doing this will give much better throttle response from the poor old BSR36!

Thanks guys, dealer already has a dyno jet kit comming for it, should be in on saturday! :)

Well, I might have to open up the box & get it into by jetted asap. - Any idea on recommended jet size for 3x3 & pipe in Australia?

Just look at the master 3x3 post , there is a section on the rejetting of the mikuni and even a link to a video on youtube , which shows you how to do it , greg:thumbsup: