Sign in to follow this  

Desert single track around Mesa/Saguro Lake

My fellow TT's in the great state of AZ. I have a brother living in Mesa and each spring we travel 12 hrs to spend some time with him over Sping break. Can you or do any of you have maps for some really kick but single track? I'd like to trailer my bikes down for some fun Az riding. :)

My fellow TT's in the great state of AZ. I have a brother living in Mesa and each spring we travel 12 hrs to spend some time with him over Sping break. Can you or do any of you have maps for some really kick but single track? I'd like to trailer my bikes down for some fun Az riding. :)

sycamore would be the closest, do you have gps?

Yes. I know my way around there pretty good. I can get to Suagaro, Canyon, Fountain Hills and the motocross track out by the big swap meet in Apachi junction. I'm not a MX rider and perfer the desert. If I rember right isn't the great westen trail cross close by Suagaro?

The Great Western Trail is just North of Saguaro on the 87. You've got Rolls OHV area which is on the East side of 87 at the Four Peaks turnoff. Lots of jeep trails through there, a bunch of whoops, berms, and a big ol' sandy wash (this is where I'll be on Sunday). On the West side across from the Four Peaks turn off is Sugarloaf Mountain and part of Sycamore creek. If you follow the road all the way down to the creek there's some pretty cool single track up through some hills. Then further up North on the 87 there's a turnoff for Mesquite Creek. There's a ton of single track back in there, but I've only been there once so I don't know a whole lot about it.

I really like Rolls, there are a lot Retard Chariots around there though, which is why I like to go Sunday. Most people are heading home when I'm just getting started so it's pretty nice. I like it because it's a lot more open than the single track and you can open up the bike a little bit, let it stretch its legs.