Sign in to follow this  

yamoto 150???

i found a yamoto 150 its a 2007. I also have a ttr 125. how will these two bikes compare? is the yamoto reliable? And will the yamoto be as reliable as the yamaha? The yamoto has a bigger cc engine so will the power at least be the same? :) thanks

the motors on the yamoto 150 are reliable(most chinese motors are reliable) and pump out around the same as your 125.as for the rest of the bike the hardware is not as good as the yamaha.locktight is a must.also ,if your buying this yamoto from a dealer make sure the dealer can get parts and has been in business for at least 3 years

No not from a dealer. its an 07 used in good condition, and his kids want an xbox 360 instead so i would do a striaght up trade!!! ha im only 16. Or i would sell my xbox and trick out my cr 125...

Just remember the bike is not as stout as a more expensive bike. If it's used, the bike should be somewhat broken in by now, so the engine is running decent, but like I said, the rest of the bike is not too strong. It would make a good trail bike, but don't jump it, and yes, locktite everything!

A good site to join specifically for Chinese bikes is chinariders.net Great help for all bikes Chinese, and most of the members own enduros and quads, so should be able to set your mind at ease.

Also, the bikes are worth more parted out, so if you don't destroy it, and want to sell it in a while, try parting it out to the chinariders.net members.

Ha alright thanks alot. he said he thinks it has about 50 hours on it or so. but i have my cr for jumping to it wont see more than 2-3 feet of air. Do you think an xbox 360 is a good trade??? i think so because i never play it, lol

Test ride the bike, and if it feels ok, it should be worth the trade, IMO. How much are XBox 360's going for these days, used?

yep i think so. Any more information on this yamoto brand and does anyone have this specific bike? thankss

Yamoto was a division of Patriot Cycles, and started making inroads in the US by attending motocross events showing off their products and handing out cd-roms.

However, Yamaha felt that the design of their ATV was too close to their products, and subsequently sued, and won, a few million bucks from Patriot/Yamoto, and that was the end of Yamoto as a brand.

If you research the web, and join sites like chinariders.net, you will find that there are identical, or near-identical, bikes to the Yamoto, so parts should be able to be found.

if your buying this yamoto from a dealer make sure the dealer can get parts and has been in business for at least 3 years

That's not discouraging :thumbsup:

big companys pushing around the little guys thats too bad they could have developed a nice bike

Hamboy, the Chinese companies are all copycats--but some have gone too far as far as patents are concerned; since Yamoto was gaining interest in the mainstream market, they brought on scrutiny, too.

The Chinese are weeding out the crappy companies now, and are in the not-so-crappy stage now. Qingqi is a company that OEM manufactures for Suzuki, including their DR200, and has their own 200cc enduro and motard bike--essentially Suzukis for about 1/2 cost.

Puzey, a South African company, has a top of the line (for a Chinese bike) Chinese-made bike with a 25 hp 250 liquid-cooled engine, that is also distributed by Pitster Pro in the US.

Asiawing has an intriguing (again, for a Chinese bike) 450cc dirt bike that is set for release--youtube search for 'asiawing' and there are some videos there. Asiawing also has a 500cc streetfighter type bike called the Spark which looks interesting being Chinese.

Xingyue has 4 different 400cc dirt bikes/adventure-touring bikes that look decent.

We really aren't missing too much without yamoto, as there are similar Chinese bikes from Lifan, Zongshen, Viva, and several other companies, which are all pretty much the same bike under a different name. Cheap bikes that need alot to keep up with (not junk, but you have to be aware of the weak spots, and the engines are usually the strong bits). But the companies I have mentioned are proof that Chinese companies can come up with a higher quality product, that are pretty much original ideas, rather than copies.

i can see how the big companies might get mad if the chinease are going to be able to build a bike the same for half the price and are actually good quality. but if they can get away from copying other comanys they could really go far

im also interested to see that 450 you are talking about there i wonder how it will hold up and weather they will just copy another brand

the engine in this asiawing 450 looks kind of like the previous crf450 engine design

It probably was the last CRF450 engine, LOL! That's how the Chinese do it, they copy, but as you can see, they're starting to get it right.