Sign in to follow this  

Not Again!!!

Well hate to say it but I blew another Transmission :banghead: that the whole motors was only about 6 months old. Went to the National Race that I was looking forward too and on Friday when I got there, I pulled the bike out warmed it up and took off. The bike was running perfect until I shifted down and almost ate some MAJOR $hit and noticed i had 2 neutrals.LOL Well I immediately stopped and tried it again by shifting up and nothing. It goes into 4th and 5th but makes a loud snap noise and goes into gear.

I hate to say it but this bike seems like it is finally clapping out!!:) Looks like I might have a 2008 KTM 530 by the next race in two weeks.

But hey I loved my 450x While it lasted! And trust me this bike is rung out every race bouncing off that rev limiter. CPR Fab does build a strong ass engine if my tranny cant hold up.

Jumping ship to the big Katoom? Can't say as I blame you really. If you're going that way, take a good look at the 570 'Berg.

Jumping ship to the big Katoom? Can't say as I blame you really. If you're going that way, take a good look at the 570 'Berg.

HAHA I already did, Rode the one that way on display out in the desert don't really like it that much but the engine was a monster . Seems like the bike doesn't like fat people.LMAO

The Berg has FI issues that have no solution yet.

I wouldn't run the big 'Berg in Baja but I know some people who are testing them right now and no issues. I'm sticking with my clapped out '05 450X. She ran GREAT today and I've never had transmission problems only clutch basket issues. I know desertrdier15 has had his share of trouble on the 450X including warped cases. I don't blame him one bit for thinking the big Katoom might be a better option. Seems there are not many choices over 450cc these days besides the big bore Euro bikes. That long stroke big bore 6 speed Katoom is a great motor especially with the EXC(?) gearbox. If it would go in a Honda frame with my suspension I would be all over it. Really what I want is a 600cc X that is 20 pounds lighter with a high output stator stock. That would rock my world and I wouldn't put it past Honda to put one out and very soon.

I've been thinking about this and decided the best way to go would be with a CR500AF or KX500AF. Put a giant tank on it and rock and roll.